1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rider Down

Discussion in 'General' started by tdelegram, Sep 14, 2020.

1. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

All,

John Farrell who was planning to race Sunday at pirc and is a director for N2 suffered a cardiac event in the pits helping a few friends get ready for the 2 hour race. Those that don’t know John he is a fantastic ambassador for the sport and runs countless days for N2 as well as helping on the Endurance weekends. He is generous with his time helping many people on dirt bike and track bikes for their first time and getting them hooked. As of now things are looking good for a recovery but John has a high deductible health insurance plan. If you are able to send good vibes and a few dollars it will help get him and the family back going.

https://gf.me/u/yyrfja

According to his medical team, John’s recovery and his life was credited to the high quality emergency care he received when he collapsed. I would like to thank Amanda Kelly for saving my friends life, she was a true super hero providing cpr within 15 seconds of John collapsing.

Ev, last update was super positive, conscious able to answer y/n question but still intubated until all test were complete.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Not many places you'd have a professional response that quick.

Hope the recovery is smooth and we'll see John back in the paddock soon.

3. tdelegram

Amanda was pitted with another team 3 canopies down and sprung into action until the track EMT’s arrived.

JJJerry and BigBird like this.
  4. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

John’s a great guy and all about others. Donation sent.

DucatiBomber and tdelegram like this.
  5. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

That is awesome news that was pretty tough to watch

DucatiBomber likes this.
  6. tdelegram

We ended up pulling out of the race, way too much to handle, at some point I am guessing John will refer to us as lady parts.

rugbymook likes this.
  7. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

No shame in that I probably would have done the same

tdelegram likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You cannot focus at a time like that, not a fun time, and not a time to have fun.
    In that moment, you take care of life's priorities.

tdelegram likes this.
  9. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Super awesome news. It was a heavy paddock while he was being worked on.

jksoft, DucatiBomber and tdelegram like this.
  10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Good news, thanks for the update.

11. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.

12. tdelegram

Update from go fund me: Amy Farrell, Beneficiary
    Thank you all so much. I can not begin to express the support we have gotten from the track family, friends, family. Incredible.

Every day improves and also comes with its own challenges. His responses are good and we are praying that this morning as they explore his heart that they are able to find the source of why he collapsed and fix him up!
    His breathing tube will be removed today and I am so excited to hear him talk. I am sure he has many questions.

Thank you again for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers ❤️

Amy

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. Been wondering about his condition since Saturday. Glad he's recovering well.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And kept helping them too, she is why he is alive right now no doubt about it. She rocks.

15. tdelegram

From Amy:

Good and not good. He has a right blockage in an artery looks like it has been waiting to happen and two small left. They are going in to put the Stent in right side which caused the heart attack.

Insurance is fighting the hospital, trying to have them send him back to Lancaster for treatment. The UPMC is fighting back exposing its too risky.

16. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Fucking insurance companies... some pencil pushing twat deciding what life saving medical treatment is appropriate and where from the comfort of his own shitter.