1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brave browser

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jul 22, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Any of you guys try this thing out yet. Been seeing alot of seemingly positive stuff about it. Just downloaded on my Mac and iPhone and posting from it now. As they claim, it seems to load things up quite fast compared to Safari or Chrome.

What say you lads, any feedbacks?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Does it block ads like they say it does?

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seems like it does indeed.

4. Works great on my website!

5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

It’s solid

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

When I first read the title, I thought this was a going to be a tribute to the countless castle battles and princesses lost to Mario...:(

7. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I don't believe it removes ads, it just replaces the ads on a web page with ads from it's customers if I recall correctly.

G 97 likes this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've been using it for several years. It has the concept of Shields which blocks trackers and some as well as some other security related items such as forcing the website to https if possible. There are some websites that don't work correctly with the "shields up" but it is a simple matter to toggle them off for specific websites. They have the Brave Rewards program which is some attempt for them to monetize the browser by showing "privacy respecting" ads but I have never done anything with it so don't know much about it.

It is built on the same browser as Chrome and most browser extensions/plugins are interchangeable.

SPL170db likes this.