1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP '20 (Xbox / PS4)

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhound386, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

By the way: I couldn't find settings to manipulate sensitivity for any of the controls. Am I missing something, or is that functionality not available?

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Let’s team up in the dark zones. Username QuickS941

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You think that's bad? I'm "old-school" when it comes to this and having never owned a console in my life, always been a PC guy, I've played all the motoGP games on a keyboard! All the inputs are either ON or OFF, no modulation! ;) It was all fine until '19 where they made the physics a bit more realistic so I had to learn to be as smooth as possible, but it's hard to do when gas/brake/turning is all ON/OFF lol But even with that disadvantage I can still lap within about 2.0-2.5 seconds of the top players in the world and unless I'm pushing 100% constantly, I can usually do a 7-8 lap race without crashing more than once. In GP '18 I could do 10-20 laps at race pace without ever crashing easily. For the MotoGP class I play with TC on max cuz otherwise it's "unrideable". If 2020 is even more realistic, then I foresee a lot of high-sides when I'll play it lol

4. Greenhound386

No idea how you accomplished that, haha! Stabbing full throttle has been the cause of 95% of my crashes. I've been treating it like Grand Theft Auto and just not respecting the physics.

Hopping on as soon as the kiddo goes down shortly. The focus tonight will be Moto3 and experimenting with remapping controls. I think getting gas and brake to the right hand will help; modulating the front brake with my left finger is comically difficult for my brain to figure out.

5. sbk1198

With lots of practice I suppose lol I grew up with PC's, not consoles. I have an Xbox controller I can use but I suck with it. Tried it in motoGP, a car racing game and also Call of Duty some years ago...just can't do it. Guess I'm not coordinated enough with a controller. When I've tried playing MotoGP games with the controller I was just not consistent enough. Also about a second a lap slower, but my lap times would vary quite a bit cuz I would make a bunch of mistakes every lap. But on the keyboard I can be within half a second for all the laps (assuming I don't crash).

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Have you played with chassis setup yet? It makes a huge difference in the game and ime you can’t really set it up to be too twitchy with the parameters they have.

I’ve run a top 25 lap at Mugello on the Red Bull Rookies bike (stuck with that because it’s the closest thing to my IRL glorified scooter). I had to set the bike up with the rear as high as possible, front as low as possible, and the stiffest springs and settings. It turns really well now. The gearing makes a huge difference in bike feel too.

7. ryanp77

ryanp77 Midwest Pirelli Race Tire Supplier

So I have been thinking of picking up the game, I have read somewhere that Moto3 is not available in the game (PS4 maybe) but watched a video on Youtube this morning where I guy was running Moto3 but it was on Xbox. I like racing Moto3 and Moto2 than GP. So does the game have Moto3???

8. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

moto3 is there just not red bull rookies cup anymore.

9. Greenhound386

It's definitely available on Xbox. I need to figure out my starts. Getting buried in a pack of 32 riders is frustrating.

10. sbk1198

I think that's the fun part cuz it makes for a bit of challenge. I always skip qualifying so I start the races from the back row and see how long it takes me to get to the lead. In 2019, Moto 3 is the most challenging class for whatever reason. They made Moto 2 the easiest, so usually it takes me 1-2 laps to get to the front. MotoGP could be as much as 5-7 laps depending on the track. But for whatever reason they made the AI really good in the Moto 3 class so at quite a few tracks I can't even get a podium if I start from the back. I hope they have a better balance for the AI in the new game.

11. Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel New Member

Got Motogp 2020 for PS4. Set crash damage to on in the settings but it doesn't seem to work at all. Can have a major crash and no adverse effect on performance and Engineers spend no time fixing the bike. Anyone else having this problem?

12. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Has anybody played MotoGP 2030 on the switch?

How about the Isle of Man TT game on the switch?

I still play Suzuki TT Superbikes on the PS2. Just wondering if the switch versions of these are any good.

13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

The latest update made the damage not work anymore for me. It used to be that I had to be quite careful to not damage the bike to the point of slowing me down or even stopping if I was working through the pack but it's basically nonexistent now.

14. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Mine still works. Crutchlow coming through the field like a bowling ball confirmed it for me this morning.

15. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Fun game, I get the most enjoyment out of moto2 and only on certain tracks. The GP bikes endo to easy and lock the front super early, I can’t wrap my head around using the brakes in this game on those bikes. The moto2 bikes I do a lot better and have actually managed some top 50 times on the leader boards.

16. Greenhound386

Exactly my experience. Went through the Moto3 season, and now on Moto2. Loving it. I'll try a Time Trial to see if I am 'ready' for the GP bikes, and damnit, I can't figure it out! Exact same issue with going over the bars and/or tucking the front. I am probably rushing every entry and not learning from my mistakes, but it's a challenge.

17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

A friend of mine just bought MotoGP 20 and we can't find where the AI can be turned down. Wherever it is now has them running away at ridiculous speed. Could somebody guide me here? I've tried what Im finding on the internet and it gets me nowhere.

18. condon66

condon66 Member well known

We just found it. Thanks anyway.

19. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

condon66 likes this.
  20. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Ha...I was typing my previous post and didn't realize you'd already found it.