1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Wrapping" question..... Like on a vehicle....

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 11, 2020.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Of course it was......

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely yes. I wouldn't blame the paint, I'd be much more likely to blame the sticker. The adhesives are not all created equal nor are the installers...

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So it's a racebike now

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Not that this is gonna help him but if it’s a Ducati I tend to go with the paint having some weird chemical reaction.
    I race prepped a brand new Ducati 848 years ago.
    The fairings came off the bike and I took them directly to a shipping place. I had them package, wrap and ship the fairings.
    I had them do it because they would insure it cheaper if they wrapped it etc.
    About a week later I get a call from the guy who bought them.
    The shipping company wrapped the fairings in the typical large bubble / bubble wrap we have all seen or used.
    When he tried to take the bubble wrap off the paint it had a chemical reaction with the bubble wrap. It either wouldn’t come off or if it did the clear coat would peel off. I had never seen anything like it.
    Didn’t matter to me or the guy I sold them to because it was all insured but the shipping company said they had wrapped all sorts of painted motorcycle parts the exact same way and never had an issue with anything even beyond motorcycle stuff.
    I know he’s talking about a wrap for protection. or to change the Color etc not bubble wrap but seems like similar issue occurred.

Ride safe,
    AAron