1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here have any experience with SVS Subwoofers?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirCrashAlot, May 19, 2020.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

So I've purchased a SB2000 sub from SVS then I changed my mind and want to upgrade to the SB2000 Pro. Then I got it in my head that I want the ported version the PB2000 Pro. Any y'all recommend one or the other based on experience?

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Any of them will break glass if it near a window

3. SirCrashAlot

Thanks lol.

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If you're going to upgrade, why not go bigger? :D

5. SirCrashAlot

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

SVS does make a great sub. Will you use this for music or movies, or both? I like a ported sub for music, they add slightly more punch than non ported. I also like a 12" sub for music, a 15" sub for movies. There are a lot of variables when picking a sub....placement, room acoustics, size. Does your AVR or power source have on board room correction software? SVS does have a stellar reputation for having clean power amps, and excellent room correction software. What's your system consist of? I use a Klipsch P-312 sub, it has three 12" drivers and a 3500 watt digital hybrid amp. Also.....2 subs work great together.

7. SirCrashAlot

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you have a killer setup. I've been talking to SVS already this morning. Unbelievable customer service. The dude emailed me back before 6 this morning!

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing but good things about them. They have a nice in-home trial program also. I believe they have a $100 off deal on two subs!

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I have a friend that takes his sound serious. In his sound room in his basement (I built) he has four 15" subs, about a dozen 12" subs, and enough clean power for all of them.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’ve heard good things, I’ll differ with the ported choice, if its for music sealed is the way to go, ported for HT.

AJ likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

what he said

12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Meh. A quality setup is going to have such a low cross-over point, it shouldn't matter much.

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yet it always does.

bleacht likes this.
  14. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

I have one of the PB versions and it was the best addition to my system. Made my front speakers perform better, or should I say it gave them room to breathe and the mid range was improved. I got a 'scratch and dent' model about 2 years ago and have had nothing but great experiences. They make good stuff and as others have said their customer service is top notch. The even ship the things in a box, inside another box to prevent any damage.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

There are good bass reflex designs and good infinite baffle designs, and even some others like transmission lines that can work very well. But big, fat, slow and flabby 15 inch cone drivers in crap boxes are usually not all that good at accurate musical replication. But they do "BOOM!" fine. Go figure.

16. FZRCraig

FZRCraig Offensive to Most

Tried to buy an SVS, but as a Canadian, they put up way too much BS even though I was having it shipped to the US. I went with a Rogers Sound Lab unit - absolutely no regrets.

17. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

18. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Yeap and Sealed are less finicky with room placement also. I love my Hsu ULS15 but want to get the Rhythmik F15 next:)

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 21, 2020