1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White sneakers

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 11, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: Real men drive 70-mpg Civics. :D

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Sneakers? Was the Beanie Baby market too crowded?:D:crackup:

R Acree, Steeltoe and crashman like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

There was a Jeff Goldblum show on the other day about sneakers, scrolling through the "holy shit there is nothing good on" guide and it caught my eye, actually reminded me of this thread.
    He went to some "Sneaker Con" and talked to those weirdos. Makes zero sense to me, but I was into sports cards back in the way back day so whatever.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A few months ago I got an email from Adidas (on their email list) announcing they were releasing the new Yeezys at midnight that night. Whatever, right? The next day I looked to see what they looked like and maybe if they were cheap enough the kid would want a pair. Holy freakin' flying f@ck, something like $360 and they sold out at something like 12:01 that night and they were uglier than a naked Cannoli doing jumping jacks.

I don't begin to understand sneakerheads.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

This is correct. Best shoe ever.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

White Addidas Superstars. You telling me Run DMC had it wrong?

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Again I ask, are you spittin mad bars?

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

*adidas. :D

And Run DMC gave other (better) reasons for wearing a white shoe than Wimbledon and Wilt, which was @Steeltoe original premise for the thread.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

only in german

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

lmao beanie babies wee never my thing. They also tanked in value. Unlike most of the shoes I've picked up over the years.

I know it's not for everyone, but designer clothes and shoes are actually a pretty decent investment if taken care of properly. There are a lot of people out there literally making a living on the shoe resale market. If Nike decides to release a shoe in a rare colorway (usually in retro fashion like Jordan 1-5, but sometimes the 12's and some others get a revamp) They will sellout on almost every single website you can find them within seconds.

Then the secondary market starts immediately after. For example: if i bought a pair of Jordan OG Retro 4's on the 5/20 release date, i'd spend about $170-190. Later that afternoon, I could more than likely sell them on eBay, StockX, HypeBeast, Grailed, or GOAT for $225-250 without even trying at all... Now imagine if i was able to buy 6 pairs?

I used to do this more when i was in my teens.. id save up all my money from side jobs like mowing lawns, detassling, raking leaves etc.. have enough money for 3-4 pairs of shoes, make a few buddies go stand in line with me. I'd then buy the shoes, sell 2-3 on eBay and they'd pretty much pay for the one pair I wanted to keep.

However, now with the rise in BOTS buying up all the shoes, I don't really play the game anymore. Once in a while I will enter in raffles for a chance to buy a pair (instead of trying to be faster then a BOT) but I only do this for shoes I want and would wear, not sell.

I usually only go for 1-5 Jordans in certain colors and certain skate shoes (I actually search often for new old stock 2001-2008 era skate shoes) Most of my collection is Jordan 1 hightops though. I have always loved them. They were the first pair of shoes I bought with my own money. However, I have a lot of different types as well. A few worth a lot of money, and most worth more than what I paid for them. I have gained enough enough value in my shoe collection over the last 17-18 years that I have an updated inventory with my homeowners insurance for the potential loss.

I want to state that i mostly agree with the statement of this thread. lol I only own one pair of white shoes. A pair of low top Jordan 1's that I only wore once. That was my wedding day.

Lots of people think its dumb. That's OK. I think $25,000 Rolex watches are dumb (your fucking phone does everything that watch does), but you can make the exact same argument I just made about watches.

I know not a single one of you care.. lmao.

WHITE SHOES ARE DUMB. BUT SHOES ARE COOL.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Best white sneakers in the history of white sneakers...

[​IMG]

12. cpettit

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Y'all can kiss it...I still play tennis in my Stan's

[​IMG]lightshot

Phl218 and cpettit like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wow.

15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

My friend who sold a pair of shoes to finance a down payment on a Tesla 3 has friends at Nike and he will drive to the Oregon store on the Nike Campus to buy shoes instead of trying online or secondary market. He gets pretty cool shoes and considers some an investment (like your watch statement), and other shoes for fun. He is a bit of a speculator, but it's his hobby, as I'm sure most of us will relate.

16. cpettit

solid choice

rd400racer likes this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Clydes or go home.

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Yeah, this is pretty much the same scenario. I used to be way more into it.. Now I only buy shoes I will wear though. I have a few freinds with Jordans worth well over $1000. Those are just Jordans.. wait till you see what people pay for rare designer shoes like Balenciaga's, Dolce & Gabbana, or even Maison Margiela. The sneakers from these companies START at $1000-1500. Then when they have a rare release or some sort of collaboration with a special designer or celebrity the price skyrockets on the secondary market. I've watched D&G's auction off for $5000+..

Again, this is just for sneakers that these designer companies offer.. Dont even start on their dress shoes, and formal shit.

too rich even for my decent job no kids havin ass. lol I have bikes/cars to crash.

19. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Who dafuck anointed you the fashion police?

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw this on a poker tournament show, supposedly to distract your opponent. This is a fashion statement now?