1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White sneakers

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 11, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want to kick over a hornet's nest? Ask about getting a new (non leather) suit and then mention you're gonna pair it with slip ons. Shit gets really real then. :crackup:

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Im wearing my white ropers today

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

When was the last time you played tennis ? :D And why do I envision you playing Tennis in Goalie gear :beer:

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

OK, that's some funny shit. My pro will even tell me at times to quit playing tennis like a hockey player! Last time I played was around March 15th and then the Gov ordered all nets taken down.

5. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Andy think you guys play contact tennis?

rd400racer likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

check out the classic adidas with cloudfoam insoles. you don't wanna wear other sneakers any more. i'd say they are even comfier than NB.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Are those the Ultraboost? If so, yeap. That's my go to when they are on sale 'cause I ain't pay no $.50 for no coke! :D

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I work with a bunch of Australians and Brits and they call them: "Runners" or "Trainers"

On the plus side, I now know that the adidas Samba comes in white. So I can have the best shoe ever, and annoy @Steeltoe at the same time.

[​IMG]

Riot, YamahaRick and Phl218 like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Every so often Adidas will make a batch of Sambas in other colors as well.

Puma did a version (super liga or something like that) that were like the OG sambas and I wore those for awhile. Hard to find now, probably got sued or some shit.

11. Jedb

@Dave K I had a pair of the Rasta sambas at one point. Red/Yellow/Green stripes on a white shoe.
    adidas' skate line had some fun stuff while it was on.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Keep it up.
    [​IMG]

Jedb likes this.
  13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Piggy backing on the Samba talk... my favorite Addidas lately have been the Busenitz Pro skate shoe. They're a little more pricey than the Samba, but they are super comfy and often come in cool colorways. Also, if you're real into having something different, once in a while you can find them in full leather upper's instead of the suede. I have 3 pairs of these.. lol full leather ALL BLACK, full leather black with white stripes and gum soles, and a pair of grey/black stripes gum sole. I also have a pair of all blacl Busenitz Vulcs, which are a bit cheaper but a little heavier/clunky. Good slip goof off shoe.

Attached Files:

Phl218 likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

See this? That's perfectly ok. That's fine. This guy has a fkn clue.

15. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

These are my favorite Busenitz. I usually only wear "all black" colorways shoes for "everyday" stuff, even my Jordans.. Once in a while i'll spice it up with a rare pair though... Because i gatta let MF'ers know. :P

Never all white though. (except for my wedding day lol)

Attached Files:

16. Jedb

Nice crayons there, Carlton.

pickled egg likes this.
  17. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the man bun

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For you frequent flyers and people who live out of suitcases buy yourself a set of New Balance RCVRY. They look like grand pa shoes, are slip on no ties and you feel like a tool the first few times you wear them but they are freakin' great. Mesh uppers, air holes in the soles and feel weird but they are super light, pack down to take minimum space and are insanely comfortable after wearing dress shoes all day.

Don't wear them in the snow or rain though, the air holes in the soles flow a lot of air to your stinky feet but also flow water and snow in as well.

One draw back to them though (besides looking like grand pa shoes) is that they are not available in white.

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

From the New Balance website:
    "this men's transition shoe"
    Makes sense.

Funkm05 and Steeltoe like this.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Transitioning to what? o_O

Metalhead likes this.