1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any cigar lovers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Jul 8, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I started with Thompson myself in almost your same situation, but the guys here turned me on to Cigars International and I find them to be superior to Thompson. Try some of their samplers or for a good introductory cigar try a 5 Vegas Gold...pure smoothness.

I bought this sampler and it was excellent...https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/romeo-y-julieta-settlement-cigar-sampler/2014896/

Another good one...https://www.cigarsinternational.com...20-cigar-collection-samplers/1464045/#p-82360

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

20200313_150655_compress65.jpg Sort of disappointing, this the 3rd one out of a 5 pack that dosen't smoke real well. Ahh well..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hate that when a box-press goes bad. Never had that smoke, but enjoy the occasional Nicaraguan.

4. YamRZ350

20200314_174705_compress22_resize_63.jpg

Crowned Heads La Imperiosa. Pretty nice so far.

5. YamRZ350

Papas Fritas.
    Like brother Merle used to say, "it doesn't suck"

Attached Files:

6. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Haven't been to a shop in a while and was missing a "pro" cut. Picked up the Colibri V-Cutter, surprisingly compact, works well. $35 well spent, IMO.

Attached Files:

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Good timing. Today is Derby Day in Louisville...we prep for this 364 days before it happens.

Today I went for a 3 hour ride with my brother and best friend, not the normal 1st Saturday in May. I’m preparing a glass and cigar to toast what should have been but wasn’t, yet it was still a fine day in its own regard.

And yes, this is how I drink my bourbon. I guarantee there isn’t one son of bitch here that can out drink me in bourbon...

[​IMG]

Cheers all! :timeforabeer:

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    gixxernaut, trancework and tl1098 like this.
  8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I really like all of the My Fathers that I have smoked so far. I have quite a few different ones in my humidor thanks to some samplers. My #1 favorite is the Le Bijou 1922.

My Father and Oliva are my favorite brands.

Here in CA it kinda sucks that ordering online now (since Jan 1) is supposed to require an adult signature to accept delivery. However, there is still one source that I use that hasn't abided by that law. I'm not going to throw them under the bus here but they now receive 100% of my orders. Trying to catch up with a signature-required delivery when you are not home all day, every day can be a PIA.

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Those Romeo Y Julietas are pretty good as well. Definitely in my top 5.

I also really like La Gloria Cubanas. Most Rocky Patels probably get me to #5.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I think that the "cold draw" says a lot about a cigar. This one is pretty tasty and sweet and I've got her que'd up to be ready for me after dinner. :) IMG_2479.jpg

Jedb likes this.
  11. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

That’s a shitty glass.

You need this:

https://norlanglass.com/products/r...IidrA3tiW6QIVEdvACh2-KgTVEAQYASABEgLm_PD_BwE

I have one and it’s fantastic. I drink my bourbon the exact same way as you do.

rd400racer likes this.
  12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Just got a box of Man o War Puro Authentico. Pepper bomb at the start but mellows out nicely! Pepper picks back up in the final third.

"Apparently" this is AJ Fenandez's every day blend. :D

Attached Files:

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Swisher Sweet, 2 for $.99.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I finally tried one of the Florida Sun Grown sticks the other day. Really good smoke. Very cool to try the product all these years later from when the first Corona cigar store opened all the way through Jeff bringing Florida tobacco with the Clermont farm back and Drew Estate doing the blend.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. sandboxshooter

sandboxshooter Well-Known Member

Anything from Drew Estates (especially Tabak Especial’s ), Rocky Patel Java and Decade.

17. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I threw up in my mouth a little bit just reading that.

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Did you swallow or spit it out?

If you swallowed, I don't think you should be allowed to complain about Swisher Sweets.

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Gurkha's....sup bitches?:D

20. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

I live in northern Virginia. There is a cigar shop in Mclean that is owned by Dr. Paul Garmirian. His cigar brand is PG. They are very expensive and VERY nice.