1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 SV 650 Race / Track bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Landon Brown, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Landon Brown

Landon Brown Member

I'm selling my SV 650 after only getting to the track a few times in the last two years. The bike was originally built and bought from Geno as a spare bike. NO TITLE. Track or race bike only.

*Gen 1 Stock motor with minimal air box upgrades and fuel injection conversion
    *Power commander
    *Quick detach body work
    *Safety wired and tech inspected for both WERA and AHRMA
    *Tires new at the end of last season (late August)
    *Solid body work that hasn't been repaired or wrecked
    *M4 slip on exhaust
    *Woodcraft engine guards and clip ons
    *Front fork emulators
    *Stock rear suspension
    *Frame sliders

The bike has always been stored in a heated garage and on a battery tender. Vinyl graphics look good from far but are far from perfect. It's been a solid track bike for little to no work. The only piece not staying with the bike is the steering dampner but it's set up for a SCOTT. Box of spare gears and other misc parts goes as well. The bike is located in N.E. Indiana.

$3250

Attached Files:

MkImroth and mino6466 like this.
  2. Landon Brown

Landon Brown Member

3. Dago

Dago New Member

Landon, Why a gen 1 motor in a 06?

4. Landon Brown

Landon Brown Member

The Gen 1 crank shafts were more dependable and less apt to breaking than the gen 2; however, the gen 2 motors were fuel injected.

5. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

The webbing in the cases were stronger, rods were stronger, like he said.... stronger bottom end. Ever notice that the FI years magically needed an oil cooler? This setup is nice

6. jswisc

jswisc Pedal Pusher

You have a pm.

7. Landon Brown

Landon Brown Member

8. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

hello, i'm geno I sold this bike to landon a couple years ago, I built it from spare parts I had from many years of racing sv's, if this is the same motor that was in it when I sold it, it is a first gen with fuel injection conversion, lightened flywheel and sprag, cam swap, head ported and milled 15 thou with thin head gaskets, just refreshed with only one race wknd on it, it made 85hp on my mechanics dyno jet 250, chassis has gsxr1000 brake calipers up frt with Zoran conversion brackets, rear shock is a zx6 shock which is 242 mm eye to eye, bike handles very well set up like this, if you put a good rear shock on it ,it would be a great bike, I won many expert races as is but a shock would have been the only improvement I would have done, it's a great bike hope this helps him sell it, and informs the next buyer

9. Brock Cattanach

Brock Cattanach Well-Known Member

10. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Sold to me :beer:

Chaplain45 likes this.