1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Cannonball Record

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Apr 10, 2020.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Funny that people are pissed. It’s an outlaw race by very nature, so where do you draw the line?

Opportunistic for sure, but a win is a win.

3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Smart move to post that time during the lockdown. Funny that the haters bring up safety concerns when there is nothing safe about the entire competition. Might be a while before that new time gets beat.

G 97 likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Read that yesterday...pretty cool.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

People are cunts in general.

Right now they're just cunts with ample free time to complain about everything.

Gorilla George, Jedb, Shocker and 4 others like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No we aren’t.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

stubborn.jpg

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

It’s blatant the bubble wrap generation is in control.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Wait, what? If this was done on a bike you mothefuckers would be tripping over yourselves to denounce how squidly and dangerous it was.

Add two extra wheels and it's suddenly alright?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    busa99 likes this.
  10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

SD to JAX has been done in 29hrs on a bike

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

No. That’d be hypocritical Mike Kneebone and the IBA. They’re a fucking joke.

12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The hard part of doing it on a bike, the fuel.

418 likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks for the virtue signaling Alex. Good lord, the US has become a nation of pussies.
    Because before Covid-19 no one ever counted on any medical supplies. :rolleyes:

“Alex Roy, the focal point of the film Apex: The Secret Race Across America, tells Road & Track, "If you hit a truck moving medical supplies and people die because of it, that's on you. People are counting on those trucks moving around right now. It's not funny."

CRA_Fizzer and ducnut like this.
  14. eggfooyoung

This motherfucker wouldn't.

418 likes this.
  15. Was thinking the exact same, if anything less of a risk during this time. “What if it was critical medical supplies” well what if it was a high school band on the way to a football game? I’m not a fan of it in general as I’m not cool with doing that one public roads as I think it’s quite selfish but I also “get it”. This was the perfect storm to do it but I think the record will always be tainted by the haters. End of the day it’s like he found a loophole in the rules type of thing. The other thing is change favors the well prepared and I’m sure rushing to get all this together wasn’t an easy task either. I can see another run happening in the next couple weeks.

R1M370 likes this.
  16. 2 side bags with fuel, jerry can bungee chorded to the back and a camelback full of fuel. Would make for a hell of a nice crash on video. Put like 19/35 gearing on a busa, a double bubble and let er rip :) just easy on launches, may not be great on the clutch. And maybe some sort of ice machine for your seat.

scottn likes this.
  17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So what would be the best bike to do this on?

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

GL1800.

YamahaRick and ducnut like this.
  19. A comfortable one. I’d think you’d have to look at what your avg speed would be and balance fuel consumption with hp.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah because you old bastards don't spend all your free time bitching and moaning on here and Facebook:Poke::crackup: