1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern peeps - antifreeze advice

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Apr 5, 2020.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

So, went from Florida to Pennsylvania and I’m going to be here a while. Used Engine Ice since forever, but now I’m thinking I need to go back to a traditional antifreeze, since the temps can get freezing quite a bit. Living in 90+ degree weather year round I can honestly say that, with the bikes, I never gave traditional antifreeze much thought. So, I’m in search of advice on what to pick.

So, suggestions for a CBR 1000?

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

3. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Thanks for the link. I didn’t realize EI protected to the low temps that it does.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Only a concern if you are just running distilled water or water with a water wetter type additive.

Engine Ice is made of Propylene Glycol rather than Ethylene Glycol (typical automotive antifreeze), but both protect against freezing.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Engine Ice is banned by a lot of the track orgs.

Or are you asking about street?

6. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

engine ice is fine run it in my wr 250 year round

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

26 below is what its rated for. That would be on the weak side in Wi. The good thing about being northerner is your coolant gets flushed out every year, at least mine did in a racebike.