1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Don't you question our resident petting zoo messiah, he's special, he knows math, and he's well informed.

notbostrom likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not special and am exceptionally uninformed, but I can make shit up.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Stick with the math Rick. Numbers don't lie.

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

They are, according to her they're treating it just like a flu that develops into pneumonia.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They may not, but the people doing the calculations are.

Spang308 likes this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude! Is that the “Wedge”?!? I know that’s not nice, don’t remember which of us gave her the name, but when we spent most of 04 on the Rez the two hotel clerks at one place, were one that looked like that and the other a beautiful Tsalagi princess looking thing named Rae... polar opposites... don’t remember which hotel even... travel and promotion moved us around to share the money I’m sure... holy shit that was 16 years ago now

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

8. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I just watched an interesting youtoob vid on the LondonReal channel where they were interviewing David Icke, well known conspiracy theorist about his thoughts on all this.

I won't spoil it, but it's.....interesting i guess.

10. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

Anyone with some math skills can calculate an appropriate transmission rate of 2.5 - based on how fast the virus is spreading.

Don’t need no expert for that.

11. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

Really hope I am wrong but I don’t think so.

There were about 80,000 cases in the US when you wrote that on March 26th.

Lets review that again in a week and then again after two.

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So all this bullshit seems to be a strongarm move to get research money? Sure reads that way.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

? You might need another cup of coffee. You think we should go through all of this and not learn from it?

Slider82 and Quicktoy like this.
  14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

More than 3 deaths an hour in NYC now from Chinese virus.

15. baconologist

Spang308 and Quicktoy like this.
  16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I like the name Kung Flu better :D

Spang308 and Quicktoy like this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

my dad just wrote me that he’s considered a risk-candidate... stringer self isolation recommend...

Makes me wonder. What will happen to the world if transmission is inevitable, no vaccine or prevention available, everyone with the smallest health issue and or over a certain age gets affected

Crazy

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. baconologist

Just like any organism on this planet. Survival of the fittest.
    This should be a wake up call for people to learn, accept and deal with mortality. It’s inevitable.

PS; there was a story this am about a 102 year old woman who recovered. THIS IS NOT A DEATH SENTENCE like the media is portraying.

Fonda Dix and Phl218 like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

^^ This.

Life is precious. And finite. Accept its end with a little grace.

20. I have a gym up there, but it just isn't the same.

I had 5 surgeries on my left arm at once years ago, and because of being in a cast for a long time I had some serious atrophy. I normally warm up with one plate (45lbs) on each side. When I first went back, I could only bench press the empty bar for 4-5 reps. I was like "im not coming in this bigass gym at 220lbs, and asking for a spot to bench the empty bar". :crackup:

So ive got a Smith Machine with lat bar and cables on each side, plus some dumbbells, Elliptical, spin bike, treadmill, heavy bag, and a few other little things. But it isn't the same. I cant get into my zone. Ive never been able to have a good workout at home. Hell, even if I had the exact same gym at home as I do at the real gym, I wouldn't be able to get the same workout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.