1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by KneeDragger_c69, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You gotta feel for the CCS guys. Who wants to stand up in front of 100 pissed off racers and tell them it's too dangerous to race because of a virus. :crackup:

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And a big FU to China for trying to hide it for 6 weeks before they finally admit it's going on. Could have been alot smaller of a problem with a little honesty.

3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

And they fact their media is trying to spin blame it on us planting it in China. I’m glad they called the ambassador over to the White House yesterday to have a little chat about their state run media lies.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think people traveling for the ROC would see this as an opportunity and fill up the grid. :)

Anyway, it's a bad deal for everyone involved. Really sucks. I can't imagine the frustration of people doing all that preparation and incurring those expenses for a short track day in Florida.

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

That mentions public venues not privately owned race tracks does dis need a permit

7. notbostrom

8. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I'm not saying explicitly a government order. I believe they received a series of external concerns..insurance, medical staff on-hand instead of prepping for CV, government concern, liability concerns, etc... that led them to the cancellation.

I hate it as much as anyone else and believe reasonable travel fees should be reimbursed to all teams.

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Worst businessman ever. This is your shining opportunity to shit on CCS and here you are defending them.

How do you intend to ruin road racing with that kinda bullshit attitude?

TurboBlew, Quicktoy and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Big seller at the beach.

[​IMG]

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I can't believe I delved into the Municode for this, but yes, the City of Daytona Beach Municipal Code specifies that any event partaking on private property (City owned land is exempt since the City handles it in-house), where the projected attendance on ANY day of the event is expected to be more than 1,000 people, then the City requires the organizer to file an Outdoor Activity Permit. Now, while CCS/ASRA may not expect 1,000 people to spectate the D200, I'm sure DIS expected AFT and Bike Week activities to see over 1,000 attendees and may have lumped Bike Week, CCS/ASRA, D200 and AFT all into the same permit (City may have required it this way). Bike Week is a "for the public" event held on private property. ;)

All Municodes I've read (I'm a consultant for many different Municipalities) require permits for large gatherings (whether on City or private property) so that the governing City can allocate appropriate EMS/Fire/Police resources to handle these events. In addition, it gives them the power to shut events down if it becomes a health hazard for attendees or a public nuisance.

If you think the club racers were royally fucked. The City of St. Pete had originally changed the IndyCar races this weekend to have no General Admission, but still allowed the teams to race. Much like what happened at Daytona, the City of St. Pete shut down the race completely as soon as Trump issued the National State of Emergency leaving all of the professional teams that dedicated time, money and personnel in getting to St. Pete out to dry. The only difference between the two events was that the St. Pete GP track is on City owned right-of-way, but the garage areas were located on private property and the organizer of the race is still a private business.

12. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Canceled 200 was a real gut punch. the whole paddock was pissed off. Lot of money spent for a half day of practice, and instead of being at the ocean deck,or hanging out near the rv drinking, we are in the rv driving home for 20+ hours. The whole thing sucked

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Imagine flying all your shit to Australia like F1 did and being told the same......

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah multi million dollar backed F1 teams and motorcycle club racers.

Same thing.

mike574, stk0308 and GarrettRick like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F1 will pay them and they'll be fine, will Daytona/ CCS/ some ass clown who played them pay the privateer who hauled their shit from PA, CA or out of the US?

Complete Donkey punch!

16. notbostrom

Yet all the demo rides at the speedway continued

17. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

This could bring positive changes to racing - take it away and we all realize how valuable it really is ...

jd41, TurboBlew and VFR#52 like this.
  18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

After yesterdays post calling you an idiot, I felt terrible. Planned to apologize, even though I disagreed 100%. Gino's post made me feel even worse. I don't feel so bad now.

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Oh look. Looks as though they’ll be paying out a quarter of the winnings to the qualifiers. But you know. Fuck CCS.