1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So anyway, about this coronavirus thing...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 21, 2020.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Tin foil? How old are you, tin foil hasn't been a thing since what, the 40s?

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Just because Nike shoe labor is dying off shouldn't cause the market to crash. I blame Kappernick.

bigtime likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Chinese are going back to work

upload_2020-2-25_9-46-1.png

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is Tina hot? Pics?

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just a few thousand but all at one plant

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe you should lust after women a bit closer to home, you just might get it wet once in a while.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Stock market slam round II

Treasuries hitting all time lows

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's almost as if it were by design.

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

How credible is this person to know if she wasn't told to send that? I've read a few articles that China is telling factories to reopen but they aren't

10. Yep. Ive been pouring money into various stocks over the past few days.

It is unlikely this virus will have everything shut down for decades. It WILL come back at some point. This is just market reaction to China's economy temporarily going in the shitter, and less air travel etc.

I am just (hopefully) taking advantage of the huge dip.

sheepofblue and 1kk8 like this.
  11. I know this post is old (I'm just seeing this thread), but obviously that isn't the case anymore. It is killing people in every continent.

ducnut likes this.
  12. Ive been through at least 15-20 airports, in 5-6 countries since this coronavirus thing came about. Know what the screening has entailed?

- At one airport they checked my temp by putting the thing in my ear.
    - At a different airport I had to walk in front of the thermal imaging thing that tells if you are running a fever, and I had to fill in a health questionnaire stating what countries I have travelled to, if I feel sick, or have been in contact with anyone that is sick.

That's it.

The thermal scanner and questionnaire were at the same airport...in Accra, Ghana. Out of all the airports I've been to across the US, Europe, and Mexico...the airport in West Africa has the best screening.

You can take the whole "passengers will endure additional screening" thing like a grain of salt. The vast majority of places are doing fuckall.

13. Venom51

If her first name was Ping or Leilou I'd give it some credibility. However...Tina looks spammy to me.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s not a huge dip.

It was 3%. It wiped out 2 months of gains. The $$ you put in at Christmas is still up.

mpusch and Chino52405 like this.
  15. 3% is a good damn bit of money.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The money I put in last month for 2019 taxes etc, not so much. Wish I'd have held off on investing it, but it'll come back. Just a matter of how long it feels uncomfortable.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Will you be throwing yourself off a building if it drops another 3%?

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

3% is 3% which is relatively small.

19. Venom51

Depends on how much money you have....

That was worth half of our yearly income out of our high risk pool of money. Doesn't hurt our other pools much but I am not at all concerned about recovering that amount in short order.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. It all depends on 3% "of what?".

If somebody says they will give you 3% of $100 to lick a turd, you would probably tell them to fuck off.
    If somebody says they will give you 3% of 10 million to lick a turd, you would probably ask which end to start from.

:D

Besides, 3% might be how much the market as a whole dropped, when taken as an average. But it isn't like everything dropped 3% across the board. I've got about 25-30 or different stocks I play with. Some of them are actually up, while some of them dropped a lot.