1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear Bags?

Discussion in 'General' started by tophyr, Sep 11, 2013.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I use a big Shift bag for everything but leathers which will fit in it too but I'd rather transport them hanging up or laying on the loft bed in my hauler. The bag has been a good one to date. Bought it from Rocky Mountain atv several years ago.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

When I first saw the title of the thread I thought it said Bear Gangs. The strange thing is I never even gave it a second thought since this is the WERA board.

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Speaking of gear bags, how is your Saddleback stuff holding up?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amazingly. It really is as tough as they advertise. I still need to get some leather conditioner to get the briefcase to mellow out some, even after more than a year of planes and jeeps it's still solid as hell :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No idea on Sean's but my brief case looks new. It's been all over and ridden hard but it's still perfect.

It's also heavy as [email protected] weighed it loaded and it came up at 12 kilos and still had room to stuff more in it.

I've been eyeballing their waterbag for months now.

6. Hyperdyne

You got the smaller brief right? That bigger one looked just big enough to be inconvenient. Didn't look like it would fit underneath the seats on the smaller Embraer regionals.

7. Hyperdyne

I spied that too. Orvis has one like it but not nearly the same quality or warranty.

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

The Ogio 9600 for $125 looks like the deal to be beat. The RD ad says it's big enough for leathers + such; how do you guys with one (or who've compared the 9600 to the 9800) think it'll fit errthang?

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

If you talk to Riders Discount the 9800 is well under $250. The only piece of nice luggage I've ever bought. It's oversized though if you want to fly with it.

I have the 9800 and you gotta squeeze the zippers together to get it to close. I'd get the bigger one.

I also cram all my clothes for a weekend in the bag with my gear.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I got the Large rather than the XL. Two compartments, crapload of room. I have a bad habit of tossing in more than I need because there is room for it. The add in the portfolio from them and the large wallet passport holder and the ipad cover and it's more leather weight too :D

Still love it.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I tried loading a photo of my SD large after it was dragged by a sao paulo taxi but it keeps failing. No damage at all to it.

Back to Ogio. I have one of their small roller bags around the house somewhere and it is ugly, stained and beat to sh@t but it still rolls perfect, the zippers work like new and I could still use it without a second thought. Ogio make some good stuff.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

i think this is what someone who marries a stripper would say...

13. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Yup, same here.

14. marshdrummer

marshdrummer Well-Known Member

I bought a trackside bag from cycle gear for $40 in the off season. Lasted 4 years and still worked flawlessly the day I sold it...

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I just got my 9600 yesterday, and decided to test it out.

Leathers, boots, helmet, chest protector, two pairs of gloves fit in it no problem. There's actually quite a bit of room to spare. I'd be willing to bet I could fit all of my clothes for a race weekend in there too.

17. APA

APA Well-Known Member

Would you go with or without wheels?

18. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

If you are loading a set of leathers, boots, and helmet into the bag make sure you get wheels.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

with most definitely. My ogio is ~4yrs old now and been thru 25+ trips and it still looks & works great. Enough room for all my gear and 10days worth of clothes.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Ogio stuff is nice. Went with the full gear bag when flying to San Diego last year. Leathers, helmet, gloves, etc. no problem.

And yes, on the wheels. 100%.