1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chicago area people, Blackhawks fans please help

Discussion in 'General' started by Ringer, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

I've yet to see the beeb come up short, so I thought I would ask a favor...
    My niece's boyfriend is a fine young man who is battling cancer. Unfortunately, it's not going well. Doctors have told him to figure out his final wishes, etc. He's also doing a Bucket List. One of the things he wants to do is see a Blackhawks game in Chicago (they live in Virginia), so my wife and I have booked a trip for them in March.

Does anyone here have a contact with the Blackhawks, or the United Center that may be able to help me do something extra special for him at the game? I know you can pay/make a donation to get a Birthday message on the scoreboard (his birthday is the day after the game), get a Zamboni ride, etc but that's kind of kid stuff. I was hoping for a tour or maybe meeting a player. He's a great kid, only 23 years old, recently finished college and shouldn't have to be worrying about this kind of crap.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried to DM the Blackhawks on Twitter, but I'm either doing it wrong or they don't accept DMs from random guys like me.

Thank you. :beer:
    Ian

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

3. I’ll reach out to a couple ex nhl players I know and at least give it a try.

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

rd49 likes this.
  5. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Thank you.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I can't help but I bumped this thread in hopes someone can. Good luck.

Ringer likes this.
  7. Just a follow up, one of them is going to check into it, the other one said let me check but I’m not counting on that from him as he seemed pretty busy at the time but who knows.

Ringer likes this.
  8. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Somebody please help this guy out. I may have a connection but it will require me to contact my ex-wife. So please help.

Ringer likes this.
  9. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

When in March is the trip? Does it fall in line with any specific game(s)? I have a couple contacts that are executives with the corporate sponsors that may be able to pull some strings.

Ducti89 likes this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I occasionally run into Tyler Seguin of the Stars... long shot, but if I see him I'll ask him.

Ringer likes this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Take one for the team. :Poke:

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

March 12-15. Attending the game on March 13.

13. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the responses. I have been in contact with the team. They are going to prepare a little care package and bring it to him at the game on March 13th. Probably SOP for these type of requests, but greatly appreciated nonetheless.
    Fingers crossed something from here comes through but the effort you’ve all made really means a lot. Thank you.

j cal, G2G and YamahaRick like this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Be patient this is the beebs and things happen here. :beer:

j cal likes this.
  15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I just reached out to a couple people that might have a hook up. Standby.

j cal and Ringer like this.
  16. grasshopper

I've got lines out to 4 different people I play hockey with right now that may have the right connection. Fingers crossed

17. grasshopper

@Ringer message me your phone number and information on this so I'm prepared

18. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Message sent.

19. grasshopper

Looks like we got the kid a ride on the Zamboni March 13th at the United Center. I know someone who know's someone who knows someone... God bless Luke and I hope he has a good time.

Shenanigans, G2G, tony 340 and 8 others like this.
  20. Just a follow up, I left him another VM today before I read the updates. Glad it worked out and apologize I couldn’t help out.

Ringer likes this.