1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craziest LEGAL thing you’ve done...

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Jan 2, 2020.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Like all of us- lots of things.

1 of them was - launching my beach catamaran from the beach in Galveston on a full moon night sail. Nacra 6.0 NA
    Double trapping flying a hull for miles.
    Then- having sex with the girlfriend I brought with me as crew that night- on the boat while we were pitched into irons.- Two times, two different nights, with two different GF's.

Another was Hang gliding- it was a tandem- towed up to 2K altitude by an ultralight airplane.

Most of the rest probably aren't really legal. I did have a flashlight I would shine on my sail those nights on the Cat though- so it was semi legal.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Come run the Mexican 1000. It’s more fun.

3. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

Riding a VMax... through a curve

fastfreddie, 969, Phl218 and 5 others like this.
  4. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Served a summons to a lady in the hood of East Oakland during the early 90's while her boyz were having a cookout in the front yard looking at this young crazy white boy walking up to their yard.

Got paid $25 for that one!

5. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Turn one at barber, 161mph with no brakes.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Did you roll off?

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Changed Standard shift to GP just prior to going to Daytona for my first (and only) time....

Fucked up once, on the 1st banking (can't remember if that's East or West), going from 5th to (I thought) 6th...

No valves were (terminally) hurt in this scene...

8. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Craziest thing was base jumping on bridge day over New River Gorge in West Virginia. I jumped out of a plane 48 times prior. Base Jumping was a feeling on a different level. It's been a few years, but I'm not sure I would do it again.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Is base jumping legal?

10. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

They allow you to once a year on New River Gorge bridge for a party called bridge days. you can base jump, repel off the bridge and it's all legal that day.

11. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Jumped out of a C-5 Galaxy.
    4 times.

jrsamples likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If you do not get caught and there are no surviving witnesses it was legal.

Though OK not really by choice but...
    I flew into Jackson Hole once. We were the flight that closed the airports (all in the region). When we left SLC the pilot came on said it was going to be a rough flight so no drinks and everyone had to stay seated with belts. As we neared the pilot came on again saying "the last flight out said it will be very rough but we should be OK once below the mountains" That was when the roughest flight I have ever been on by a magnitude got interesting. Me and my brother were almost at the back and olympic skier Tommy Moe was in the last row. As it got rough I got the idea to do the roller coaster thing and hands in the air. My brother followed suit and Mr Moe laughed and joined us. There was a wave of hatred from the front of the plane where people were already throwing up. Well it kept getting worse and worse until it felt like the plane went into a dive then got some wicked tail wiggle. At this point the pilot came on and said we were going to try to get out and head back to SLC. Things cleared up to just horrible turbulence once we were able to climb.

Upon arrival in SLC where everyone in the cabin had gotten sick including the attendant (who told the pilot she quit when were exiting) and we were greeted by Hemsi. Seemed a bit extreme to me until the guy went down with a heart attack (likely having them there saved his life). As we were walking off I told my brother watch this. The pilot and a white as a ghost copilot were giving the good bye as people left. I stopped and told the pilot "you are lucky you got us back". This guy was better than the copilot but still shook up himself and said 'yea why?' Obviously thinking he agreed as it was not a given. I told him "we voted, we were going to eat you first". Copilot just about lost his lunch then.

The next day we found out the last thing was a fall of a couple thousand feet while the plane tried to roll over due to the icing. Then they had to over rev the engines to be able to climb out. Also we went to SLC as all the regionals that we normally would have diverted to closed after us trying Jackson.

Other than the trip home my brother has not flown since and this was back in the 90's

Oh and none us were hands in the air by the time of the drop.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Boman Forklift, Funkm05 and jrsamples like this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

better question is, did he see Jesus?

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

upload_2020-1-3_15-46-9.jpeg

15. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

August of 1968 I jumped off Key Bridge in DC. I had looked at the navigational charts, knew where the river was deep enough. Took a little bit of nerve to jump, but it turned out to be kind of no big deal. Swam over to Fletcher's boat house, climbed out, had another beer. Probably illegal. So?

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

How many beers beforehand? Screw that!:crackup: When we used to party at the aquaducts and there was a ledge that always kept me half-sober from fear of getting drunk and falling into the river below.........cant imagine jumping from the bridge.:bow:

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

LOL nope. That is what I tell my brother. Flying is not scary since I have likely seen the worst I am able to be around and tell about it. And no pilots were eaten in the making of that tale.

Also rode a 40+ catamaran in a tropical storm home from work once. Would have be run but they made us go downstairs with all the puking folks and going to slow to keep air flowing. More unpleasant than the plane but likely less dangerous. Though had that bad boy capsized the list of survivors would have be short.

18. sdg

sdg *

Since we're on bridges I dove (not jumped) off one in Yosemite in the spring. Grazed my stomach on the bottom and that water was moving lots faster and was lots colder than I expected. Fortunately I'm a decent swimmer.

My friends say we're all crazy for putting motorcycles on race tracks.

Newsshooter likes this.
  19. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

True story: Around 23 years ago, my best friend in college and his girlfriend were coming back from a wedding in St. Louis. Girlfriend had to pee so they stopped off at the nearest exit, IN EAST ST. LOUIS. Had no idea of the reputation of this place, they picked a super shady Shell station next to a strip joint and she goes in. She comes out a few minutes later balling and says get the hell outta here. Evidently while she was doing her business someone was spying on her through a peep hole! Well, conveniently two weeks later my buddy and I are driving out to Colorado to go snowboarding so the bad asses we were, we decided to stop at the same gas station and check it out. As we pull up there's a cop car at one of the pumps with an unusually fat, older cop pumping gas. What luck we think! My buddy goes up to him, tells him the story and then the cop goes f-cking nuts on us. Get's his night stick out, bangs on the hood and says "you boys get the hell out of here and never come back!" My buddy Chris was afraid of getting whacked and had to run around the car, we got the hell out of there like Bo and Luke Duke.

Well, we couldn't just let that go since we were all of like 22 years old and badasses again. We wrote down the number on the cop car and proceeded to find the police station. Back then, no internet so we had to call around, get directions etc. took us like 45 minutes to find the place. So we waltz into the East St. Louis police station and meantime, Chris starts thinking that fat cop looked really familiar. He swore he saw remember him doing mechanic work at the Shell station during the initial peeping incident. We go in and tell one of the cops our story, there are maybe 5-6 cops mulling around and they all take it very lightheartedly, to our complete amazement. After describing the fat cop to them and giving the number on the cruiser, he says" Oh that's Sgt. Manso, he's right back here, I'll get him for you!" 10 seconds later, Sgt. Manso comes barreling out screaming at us ready to kick our living asses! This dude is big too, easily 265, we are both 165 soaking wet. It took like 4 guys to restrain him, he was screaming that we were dealing crack and he told us to get the hell out of there! I seriously though he was gonna pull his gun and shoot us, I remember yelling something like "your mama smokes crack!" (I know, gay as hell but that's all I could come up with in the heat of the moment) and we shot up those stairs into the lobby. Easily, easily the most scared I've ever been in my life.

Sooooo, if you're still reading this, we go at this point and talk to a detective in an adjoining room and give him the story again. He tells us Sgt. Manso is due to retire in like 2 weeks, he's not sure what will happen. We get back home to Kentucky couple weeks later and my friends dad works for the jail system and starts digging around. Turns out that particular Shell station is where all the cops fill up their cruisers and that general location (including the strip joint) was the number one location for rape and murder in all of Illinois. He said we were damn lucky we weren't shot during all of this. Of course Sgt. Manso was definitely either the peeper or fully aware of what was going on. I can't believe I typed all this! whew

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Gino230 and sdg like this.
  20. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Non-disclosure agreement says I can't talk about it....

Phl218 likes this.