1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not proud- but I lost it.

Discussion in 'General' started by zamboiv, Dec 21, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Only if you have shitty subs and like to over promise your client. Most of that comes from under bidding, and then no one is happy.

TurboBlew and Gorilla George like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yeah, it is, I just found the thread.

3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OP, Who is the customer here? If they don't like your demands, they can quit. I don't think you owe them an apology.
    Now where is that YouTube of it the neighbor got?

1st world problem however. NTTAWWT

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So this thread isn't about virginity?.....

badmoon692008 and K51000 like this.
  5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

2x...?

Shenanigans likes this.
  6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

did cost drive my decision to work with this contractor, yes it did. I wasn’t willing to pay 2x because I was getting someone who boasts they do work in Newport coast potentially only to end up in the same spot. The extra $is paying for my condo in Mammoth.

Now, what WSMC42 said about treating them like dirt I completely agree with. My contractor that did the gut job and complete remodel on the interior and I are now friends. His electrician has done work for a few of my neighbors. We had a great experience with him.
    I don’t subscribe to the go nuclear on day 1 idea. I talk things out but when I gets to where it was I went nuclear.

7. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

How do contracts work. Are they legally obligated to come back if the homeowner is a loose cannon?

I don't know if I'd send my guys back over to finish the job if I was worried about their safety. I literally know nothing about this, but just wondering.

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

not legally contracted to come back - they forfeit their $ though. Just like any other line of work, if they walk off the job they walk off- I can’t control if they come back.

That said, there are 6 guys standing in my spa smoothing plaster right now though so I’d say I’m out numbered if they want to take me out.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Some people are just not worth our composure. Especially abusive, truth-bending assholes and cunts.
    I am usually a patient guy and I hate myself when I lose my shit, but I have a defined set of buttons not to push, one of which is "don't treat me like I'm an idiot and don't see the bs your are trying to feed me". You push that button, be prepared for the consequences.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

YouTube "Get In That Ass Larry"

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I worked herding cats for a jaded under bidding GC for a year...till I found a better gig. It was like getting pulled in ten directions all at once. I ended up with a strategy where I would interview three subs from each trade, then hire the one that instilled the most immediate confidence, and as soon as that confidence started to wane I’d fire him and bring in the next guy in line. This strategy saved our projects a ton of headaches as it quickly separated the wheat from the chaff.

wsmc42 likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That isn't lost, it is gotten rid of.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This fits in the current bitch thread that's taking Pensacola by storm.

14. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

Well shit, sounds like someone figured it all out. Thanks.

15. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

I don't like to go ballistic either, but when I do I go full R Lee Ermey.
    I've been doing it a lot more lately too.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

If you’re not one of the two main idiots in the following thread: http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/clarence-saga-continues.364040/. You have nothing to be concerned about and are a fine individual.

Sabre699 and rd400racer like this.
  17. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Most of us are day-1 novices compared to those two clowns.
    My life is good.

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with losing it now and then.

In the last few months I've had:

Major tree removal,

A new driveway,

Major grading of my property (by none other than the famous Jimmy V:D Did a great job),

A new roof put on,

And finally, my gutters reworked.

Gutter guy was the last person to finish and had seemingly the easiest portion of the project. Keep in mind I had troves of people coming and going for months. And what does the
    gutter guy do upon finishing his project and leaving my house...

[​IMG]

Yeah, the last guy with the easiest portion of the project does this to my yard. I lost it. And then he fixed it. But I had no problem losing it and zero regerts.

G 97 likes this.
  19. Fuck it, sometimes it needs to be done. I wouldn’t feel bad or think twice about it.

Every now and then, confrontations are necessary. If something or someone is bullshit, tell them. If a grownass man can’t handle being told he is fucking up at his job, then he needs to find a different job.

I wouldn’t be successful at my job if I wasn’t able to be confrontational when necessary. I don’t go out of my way to be an asshole, but I can be one if needed.

I don’t treat people bad, I treat them accordingly. There is a difference. I’m just as quick to praise people and take care of them...even if it means putting my own neck on the line.

iomfan, Sabre699 and bigtime like this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I lose it on my contractor all the time. The guys a real prick. I wish I could fire him but he lives in the same house I do and sleeps with my wife.