1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I picked this image just for you Toe.

Do you know the guy? Let's just say that he once had a broken leg, and the cast was hampering his ability to race. So he took a circular saw and removed it himself. This kind of racer I respect and admire.

No DB "racer" can fathom doing anything similar, even updated to current technology. Closest modern racer would be Lorenzo, when he broke his collarbone, yet still raced that weekend.

The Mann* lived to race, not to create fab shots to post to Instagram(sp?).

* - a clue to his ID.

gettyimages-146175940-2048x2048.jpg

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

wow colin edwards looks young in this photo

:)

YamahaRick and ducnut like this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Okay, to Clarify. Riders that raced hard and put on a show for the fans most likely won’t be on the grid this year. Garrett is gone, JD is gone flat track racing, rumors have it Herrin and Lewis are without a seat so far as well.
    Rickdiculous is gone most likely taking Hayden and McFadden with them. Who knows about PJ and the Celtic bunch, so Supersport will lose a couple of top ten guys at the minimum.
    Stock 1000 may see a increase in competition this year as a positive with Dumas going there and maybe a couple of others.

Twins will be missing Dumas, Kris and maybe another rider or three that were competitive.

That adds up to a downswing to me and makes it look like they may have a difficult year ahead.

Again, I may be wrong and some stuff might fall together for some riders over the next few weeks.

JMO

4. IIRC, he could run :30’s at Barber. That won’t win a Pro race, but it’s fast enough that I stick by my original statement.

5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Are you seriously saying that only 4 guys “race hard”?
    like, out of 150 or so entries?
    And all of the record breaking number of fans this year are just watching those 4 guys?

Really??

6. Mblashfield

like, maybe if someone printed cool flyers saying

“if you race harder, they will come”

and handed them out in the pits to riders not racing hard, maybe they will race harder and even more spectators will show up???

cuz that would be easy to do.

7. turner38

You really think the absence of the lead packs won’t make a difference in the quality of the racing?
    Really?

The race is the show, always has been and always will. Doesn’t matter if there are 500 entries if there isn’t a race going on at the front of the field. Sure racing throughout the field helps, But IMO fans want to
    See bikes mixing it up at the limit. JMO

Senna likes this.
  8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

What's Beauchamp doing next year? 600?

9. turner38

Fuck if I know. Or care.

10. lopitt85

Sorry brother, not trying to stir up any shit. Didn't look at the username I was responding too.

I enjoyed watching all of the guys, and all of the series.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I read he is going in the military.

12. lopitt85

Good for him. Sucks for me as a viewer.

I've always wondered why there isn't a military ad presence ($ for MA) at the races. Young, thrill seeking, adventurous males are a group that the military would like to reach.

13. Mblashfield

I don’t know if I’m the only one that sees it, but there are 2 or 3 of you guys on this board, that if banded together, could start your own pro racing series with your combined knowledge of the business.
    With MA going belly up any minute, the timing seams very good.
    Shit, there maybe more than 3 of you.
    My knowledge is limited to world wide Honda monkey sales so I won’t be on the short list.

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Think National Guard was involved in past.

ducnut likes this.
  15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Was it with the Michael Jordan team?

16. Mblashfield

Jordan Motorsports’ National Guard sponsorship funding was not renewed and the team has no plans to participate in AMA Pro Superbike in 2014. With no funded alternatives, the team is laying off its full-time employees. That’s the story a team principal was telling suppliers and contractors last week. Jordan Motorsports riders Danny Eslick and Roger Hayden are currently exploring their options for the 2014 season. The National Guard is also ending its involvement with AMA Pro Racing as title sponsor of the National Guard Superbike class. Celtic Racing’s Daytona SportBike and SuperSport program, which was put together in conjunction with Jordan Motorsports, is also losing National Guard sponsorship. The team fielded James Rispoli in Daytona SportBike and Corey Alexander in SuperSport this season. Reached by phone, Jordan Motorsports’ Pete Mauhar declined comment. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available. This just in: National Guard is continuing sponsorship programs in NASCAR and IndyCar, so this is not an across-the-board cutback of motorsports involvement: http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...nsorship-of-Hendrick-Motorsports-through-2014 http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/national_guard_switches_to_rahal_letterman_l

Attached Files:

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I some bean counter in the Federal Government did some kind of analysis and determined that they were not getting a good ROI on the military advertising in motorsports. Too much $ for each recruit, so they pulled NASCAR and AMA team sponsorships.

18. turner38

You are delusional if you think losing competitive teams/riders is a good thing. You are also delusional if you think increasing parity and the level of competition wouldn’t result in more people paying attention. A race with six to ten battling for a spot is always better to watch than a train making laps or even worse spread out on the track.

Funny that you infer that I am telling MA how things should be done or what they need to do since I said nothing of the sort. I simply said I look for it to be a rough year.

I do have my opinions about some stuff but I reckon I am entitled to those same as you are yours.

G 97 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. Across the board (and I am as guilty about it as anyone.)

I wish we could discuss roadracing (perish the thought) and it not have to be an "all or nothing/agree with me or you're an asshole/personal affront thing."

I think this is the "negativity" Sam Wiest was talking about in his think piece on LWT Racer.

We make everything some kind of personal attack and as a community end up looking like a monkey fucking a football.

Rant over.

Fish on.

busa99, Laz and ducnut like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have you been to the Dungeon lately ? :crackup:

ducnut likes this.