1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elon: Streetbikes are...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Dec 8, 2019.

1. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Like Joan Claybrook did?

motion likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

More dangerous than a self driving spontaneous combustion auto?
    Who knew. LOL

jd41, 418 and 10-15 like this.
  3. Yeah, I’m not buying the whole “I’m not going to make them because I got hit on one” bullshit.

That’s a weakass cop out.

So you’ve never had an accident in a car? Do you have any idea how many people are injured and killed in ATVs every year?

GTFO with that horseshit.

If you don’t want to, or can’t, or don’t think they will be profitable enough, or think there is already too much competition in that market, then just say it.

Bitch.

TurboBlew, Sabre699 and sbk1198 like this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Who cares? I'd hate it's electronic guts anyhow.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

A Tesla streetbike with ludicrous mode? Not a fan of the cars, but hell yes to that.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And he's not even a boomer.

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Its ironically funny watching a preachy libertarian project his way of living onto others. But hey, no biggie... small spec in a vast universe of other choices of fun to be had on 2 wheels.

8. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

You can't fix stupid.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You can strap stupid to a rocket and shoot him into orbit though. :D

Marid2apterbilt and pscook like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Elon also doesn’t like bikes because they fuck with his car's autonomous driving attempts.

the sooner bikes are off public roads, the earlier they don’t have to have AI tackle those unpredictable objects anymore.

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, we wouldn't be missing much anyway if he doesn't come out with a street bike. It would likely be this (I'm sure this has been posted on some other thread before, but whatever...):

[​IMG]

12. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

He was just demonstrating that his truck is tough enough not to be damaged by running over that traffic pylon. He was trying to redeem his truck's toughness cred after the failure of the windows at the launch.

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

sbk1198 and Banditracer like this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    IMO traction control and ABS are too many electronics on a bike. An all electric bike holds zero appeal to me. They may be fast but there is no passion.

TurboBlew and baconologist like this.
  16. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

His moral compass tells him to not make road bikes.. I dont see an issue. Most you weirdos drink milk too and thats baby cow food.

17. I personally think it is a bullshit, cop out excuse. Even if it is legit (in his mind), there is still no logic behind it, considering he is planning to make e-ATVs.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, approximately 800 people are killed every year on ATVs...with 1 in 5 of those deaths being children under the age of 16.

So he is ok with that...but doesn't want to make bikes because he was hit on one?

Bullshit.

I personally couldn't give less of a shit; I wouldn't buy anything of his anyway. But to use that bullshit excuse as a reason to not make bikes is weak.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, right. You guys are acting like he kicked your puppy, or something. :crackup:
    If you truly didn't give a shit, your comment on the matter would be identical to mine. :Poke:

Let me save you the time: :moon:

OGs750 likes this.
  19. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Cool thing about capitalism, is that plenty of other manufacturers will just fill the "void" left by Tesla oping to not build an electric street bike.

I see no problem with this.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and I get the freak out over being hit as a teen. Some people can handle it, most can't.