1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Vittles really is becoming the petulant poison teammate...again...

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The only reason not to make the decision right away is to get the input from the drivers, but in all honesty, what will that give the stewards? Just lies. Drivers can flat out turn into someone and they still blame the other driver. With the number of cameras and onboards, with seeing real time data, they have all the info they need to be objective. A lap may not be enough time, but within 3 laps/5 mins, it should be enough. Replay is killing other sports, why not F1.

3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Vettel was on the outside, coming up to a left hand corner. There was no reason to move left other than to needlessly squeeze Leclerc.

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’m a casual fan at best so maybe I’m missing some subtle nuance but does anybody else think the restart process is just stupid? I’m pretty sure the safety car guys had lunch and the car washed before the field actually restarted the last time. Just seems dumb that the lead car has so much control instead of a green flag or light in the car.

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Sainz should be on his maiden podium to celebrate it properly.
    Reviewing Hamilton's incident after the race was the wrong decision for all the wrong reasons.

DrA5 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is no rule on how fast or slow the lead car has to go. The only rule is you can't pass before the start/finish line. So there's room for race tactics.

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Did Seb get nothing out of his clash with LeClerc? Because if I recall correctly, he had the most penalty points of any driver and was dangerously close to getting a single race ban for excessive penalty points. Just because it was with your teammate and you went out too is no reason to not get penalized by the FIA.

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

From us.motosport.com:
    Leclerc passed Vettel for fourth place at the first corner towards the end of the Brazilian GP and the two made contact on the run to Turn 4 moments later, when Vettel tried to re-pass on the outside.
    Though Vettel moved over on his teammate and triggered the clash, neither driver was punished as the stewards determined nobody was wholly at fault.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Driving in a straight line with plenty of room on either side totally means you have some part in an accident.

10. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Rise and shine! On the Grid in 11 minutes. What the heck am I going to watch until Alo at Dakar...

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Mongo in a pie eating contest?

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I love how people flee in the opposite direction when these idiots with the microphones come at them.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

? Not sure how di Resta is a fool, but I was happy to see them zoom by Bernie.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

But yeah, you're not going to get an in depth convo on the grid. I really enjoyed the Norris, Albon, Russell rookie part.

Steeltoe likes this.
  16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes that was good, but trying to interview people on the grid when they are trying to get stuff ready for the start.......well just go away. :D

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

They know better than to approach Kimi.... fuck off. :crackup:

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I don't like the orange color of the Ferraris. Le Clerc and Max will be racing each other a lot in the future.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Really interesting, exciting, important, time for the sport.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I'm confused here .... lol Might need to get your TV calibrated a bit.

Pretty good season, hope Ferrari and RBR can close the gap a bit more next year, and looking forward to a Haas rebound after this disaster of a season.