1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin @ Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by svwayne, May 13, 2004.

1. svwayne

svwayne Active Member

Long time lurker - first time poster. I'm heading to Barber this weekend with the wife. This will be my first trip to Barber and I'd be interested in opinions on the best places to view the race from. Does anyone have any favorite viewing locations they'd be willing to share?

Thanks

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

On the hill on the backside...basically the direct opposite side of the pits across the track. You can see a good 60% of the track if not more.

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I thought you were going to tell us where the sacrifice would be held at.

I would think the hill in the trees at the end of the back straight would be good. You would have shade and you should be able to see a lot.

I'm not sure though. I keep watching the races from the track. It's a great place to ride around and spectate.

4. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

We'd have to find one first!

Chip your Russian mail-order bride hasn't shown up yet has she?

5. stickboy274

Don't worry Huey, I won't tell you secret

6. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Stick you ARE going to come by the pits and see us I know:cool:

7. stickboy274

I would love to, but the walk will be a little long. I have to work my day job on saturday.

8. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Me too--someone has to man the fort:D But I am an hour closer.

9. brian23

brian23 Well-Known Member

Will they let you ride pit bikes this weekend? We're trying to decide wether to take the 50's, or the street bikes.....

10. stickboy274

They usually don't let spectators take pit bikes into the pits, and the road around the track is a public road so you can't ride them there.

I think I will sit out this race and get ready to be gone to VIR. Fuel is to pricey to ride for one day, unless I found a place to stay and I could ride my streebike.......Of course the highway to there is horrible once you pass Anniston

11. LDH

LDH Well-Known Member

The best place to view Barber this weekend will be from under an umbrella

12. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Nice spot to watch... It's all good! Don't get stuck in one spot. one of my favs is exiting the rollercoaster and up the back chute.(next to the lions) If you have a plate on your pit bike remember your helmet keep it mobile.That place rocks Im looking forward to the Nat. Chal. later in the year.I Will be Back on my bike by then.:beer: