1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I think he is staying in Moto2 next year so he will be available when all of the MotoGP seats open up for 2021.

Chino52405 likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Internets is saying they were shopping Alex to Petronas but Yamaha said no so he's staying in moto2. Some spiel about getting into motogp on a bike easier to ride than the Honda.

Boman Forklift and Chino52405 like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Nope. I was hoping the same. He’s staying another year in moto2 as marcVDS got rid of their motoGP team.

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

But he's a Marquez....doesn't that mean he gets to ride the fully auto computer bike? :D

stk0308 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If Crutchlow doesn't get the Icomputer, almost rides it's self Honder, Marquez2 ain't getting one.

6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

More on Zarco:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/ktm-tells-all-about-zarco-saga-aragon-motogp-round?utm_campaign=1121695_Mat Oxley - 250919 - KTM&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailCampaign&dm_i=4DIP,O1I7,37977Z,2U2WD,1

Edit: holy shit, you don't see this often:

KTM has already given Zarco permission to ride whatever he wants, even though his current deal with the factory doesn’t expire until 31st December 2020.

“He’s under contract and we are paying him, but if he wants to race or test any motorcycle, even against us, he can do so with my full support.”

Dave250 likes this.
  7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Was he taking a shot at Yamaha on this?
    “We have learned that there are two different characters of bikes in MotoGP. There are the bikes that are easier to ride and then there are the bikes that need to be ridden with a different riding style, which are the bikes you need to win races."

Edit: Next paragraph "Today I wouldn’t sign a Yamaha rider."

Dave250 and scottn like this.
  8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I wouldnt say hes taking a shot at Yamaha, but more the fact that the KTM does not have the same characteristics as the Yamaha. Pol only rode for Tech 3 before going to KTM.

I think KTM has realized that to develop their bike into a race winner with the current handling characteristics, they would be more suited to signing someone that has ridden for Honda or Ducati versus Yamaha or Suzuki.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Am I the only one who can't wait for Bautista to prove next year that it wasn't the bike? Can't wait for him to sweep the first three rounds. I giggle every time I think about it. :D

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Might sound strange, but KTM should look into hiring Cal away from Honda. All jokes about being a habitual crasher aside he's ridden them all, gives 100% every time he throws a leg over, and would probably love the opportunity to be a FULL factory rider again before he hangs up the leathers. If not as a full time rider, maybe a development rider with a couple wildcards thrown in. He mentioned not long ago that retirement is on his mind (injury related)..... Maybe he'd consider semi retirement...

badmoon692008, pscook and Shocker like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I want what you're drinking/smoking.......

Dave250 and rcarson15 like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know if that's going to help cure your inability to pick up on sarcasm.

Robby-Bobby, Phl218 and renegade17 like this.
  13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Lol.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

15. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Seeing as how he’s the only Honda rider winning races and championships? No, it’s not silly at all.

17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

How much is Honda paying the programmer that wrote the software for Marc's computer bike? :D

18. lookmtb

lookmtb Active Member

I thought they wanted to kick marc out of the team though? :crackup::p

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Without Marc, there is no team. :D

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Wow! That’s an incredible read. I’ve never heard a factory boss speak so honestly and in depth before. He seems to be a firm hand who also knows how to create and maintain a positive team atmosphere, and not vindictive at all even though things went sour. This guy is the Anti-Puig!

scottn likes this.