1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America - NJMP - Sept 7-8 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Sep 4, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Racing deal... Kelly got spooked IMO and didn’t handle the pass and clearly low sided...he should be more pissed at himself than Hayden...

418, No Brakes and Britt like this.
  2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I read this thread and pulled out my trusty pitchfork to finally watch the race this week. After the crash I assumed the race penalty was for a different race or something because I couldn’t see any real contact. There seems to be plenty of room on the outside as well, so I’m not sure where all the comments about SDK being run off the track are coming from.

I do think Gilliam has been riding a little differently this year. It seems that after JD left he expected to be the top dog in the class but it’s been even more of a struggle. He’s always been able to make a hard pass, but this year it does seem to be a little more aggressive. It’s like he’s indignant and pissed off to not be leading.

rcarson15, DucatiBomber and TLR67 like this.
  3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Why did Hayden get 3 penalty points?

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

For being a pussy and not stomping daddy kellys ass.

Phl218, MachineR1, No Brakes and 2 others like this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I think he got it as a Warning for more aggressiveness to come... I assure you he can win on just about anything when it comes to RACING.... leave a opening and he will take it.. the youngster did and lost his front and put the blame on Hayden... And so did his Dad by being a big man throwing 12 oz of plastic... what a moron.. I applaud Hayden for not getting off the bike and taking action.. It shows maturity levels here... Welcome to the Meatgrinder...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    MachineR1 likes this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because people see with their Ears..and Not with their Eyes...listen to the "commentators"...obviously..that "Must" be what happened....(insert rolleyes).

TLR67 and turner38 like this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

RICKdiculous Racing should file an appeal.
    MotoAmerica: Penalties Handed Out Following Supersport Race Two At NJMP (Spoiler Alert, UPDATED)
    Third paragraph is false...and who are the three blind mice that as(s)certained there was contact resulting in a crash. I sure hope the officials responsible for this call aren't the kind to get butthurt when challenged/shown to have ruled in error, then further stand by their incorrect ruling. For me, that type of bureaucratic behavior would suck a lot of credibility out of MA...actually, it would suck enough that I'd have no fucks left to give them.

I'd officially protest on my own, tho' I doubt there's an avenue for that, so I'm gonna do it here...abridged:
    The only dog I have in the fight is the desire to see a fair playing field, fairly ruled. Gillim's penalty is BS and brings into sharp focus that which I would scrutinize when judging an organization's integrity.
    Show us the (non-existant) contact or RESCIND THAT PENALTY!

r6boater likes this.
  8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Commentators don’t hand out penalty points.....

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odd, both riders said there was contact...

rcarson15, TLR67 and JBall like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The officials don't listen to the announcers.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You should stop. Both riders said there was contact. The people making those decisions have access to way more footage and information than you ever would. Second guessing based on you sitting on your couch is just silly and you should know better.

rcarson15, TLR67, Shocker and 3 others like this.
  12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ever thought that MAYBE they have access to a better view of the incident from another angle? Or MAYBE the three points were for more than just that incident during the race?
    If that is the case they should have presented it differently though....
    The video we all have seen isn’t focused on them enough to tell if there was or wasn’t contact, or much more importantly why the contact happened.

It is very hard to make a case either way BASED on that video. JMO

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Before or after he went wide?

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought this was TheBeebs.. not SCORR... I shall refrain from further comment JusticeMongo

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Before or after Kelly was lowsiding?
    Perhaps it was while both bikes were off-screen...

I'll stop.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It is funny, if I were to put together a consortium of judgment in this context, I would include Mongo, Britt, Fred, Eddie and Papa. I think they'd get it right and I would pay big money to be a fly on the wall. Reason, meet passion. Passion, meet reason. Work it out.

Britt and turner38 like this.
  17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

If you locked them in a room together my money is on Mongo...
    :D

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't watched it but I know the people who made the call and none of them would do so without cause and without seeing it happen.

You're right on the conversations about stuff though, it's pretty damn funny with different personalities :D Especially since the list you have would be alternating between reason and passion depending on what the subject is :crackup:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the subject, been told I was wrong in the past on rules stuff and they were correct.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

$150 fine for Hammer? Holy shit.... they might have to sell their Rig!