1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a fan of Bill Maher in the least, buuuut....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is the thing though, they are excuses.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Excuses and reasons become interchangeable at a certain point. Just depends on the person.

Back when I was broke, working two jobs, and feeding three or four people every day, cost and time won out over healthy.

3. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

It's just like anything else in life.

You get two of the three:

Fast
    Healthy
    Affordable

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I've read article supporting both sides of the argument......I don't know which are correct.

One side says your diet greatly affects your body's "alkalinity". The other side says that your body self regulates through respiration (your lungs) and your kidneys, and doesn't care that much about what your diet is.

I'm inclined to believe the body's self-regulation capabilities affect it to a much greater extent, and the eating an "alkaline diet" is a bit of pseudo-science.

https://www.healthline.com/health/ph-imbalance

"The human body is built to naturally maintain a healthy balance of acidity and alkalinity. The lungs and kidneys play a key role in this process. A normal blood pH level is 7.40 on a scale of 0 to 14, where 0 is the most acidic and 14 is the most basic. This value can vary slightly in either direction.

If the lungs or kidneys are malfunctioning, your blood’s pH level can become imbalanced. Disruption in your acid-base balance can lead to medical conditions known as acidosis and alkalosis. Both conditions require treatment from a medical professional, not simply dietary changes."

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You can have all three, but not often enough to provide for any sort of variety in your diet.

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’ve read everything you posted too. And it all makes sense as the counter argument. I’m a skeptic so I read all sides and believe my side. That being said, having heartburn and being on a good amount of Prilosec for years was gotten rid of by switching just to alkaline water. That means the water may only be affecting my stomach. But since I don’t have acid reflux and an acidic stomach anymore, what else in my body has that helped?