1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building race bike...insight

Discussion in 'General' started by AC792, Sep 5, 2019.

1. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome, but I’m looking to get into a 600 at this point. Thank you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

She’s busy right now ... she will have to get back to you later :D

speedluvn likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

DIBS!!!!
    :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

A clapped out SV is starting to look pretty good, huh?

5axis and AC792 like this.
  5. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I got a slightly use zx6 with 1200 miles on it from a dealer, all stock. paid like 6400.00 out the door. took all the stock parts tank, handle bars, levers , body work and stuffed them in the attic. After 6000 track miles and 5 years. I put all the stock parts back on shined it all up and sold the bike for 5200.00. Then I sold almost all the aftermarket pipe , shocks, PC , quick shift . for another 1800 bucks.

When I sold it the guy thought it was new. not a scratch on anything other than the 6000 track miles I told him I did.

AC792 likes this.
  6. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Wow, well done. $7,500 for an almost new 18 R6 looks tempting right now but i’m going to wait this one out and see what pops up here in the next month or so. I’m in no rush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

The key was I took everything off, I even got a used tank off ebay to race with that had a small dent for 50 bucks, so none of the stock stuff never got any marks on it. yea I could have sold it but what was the point? In the end the bike was like new and ran good.

AC792 likes this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Reality check, only you think this way. :D

shakazulu12 and AC792 like this.
  9. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

If you’re switching from trackdays to being a Novice racer, maybe consider an already built 300, 400, or SV650 and spend all the rest of your money on track time and tires.

You can always get the R6 in year #2.

10. :moon:

:crackup:

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Geezus. A guy could make a good side income convincing you to buy whatever new bike and build it up, then buy it off of you a year later when you're bored and parting it out:crackup:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

Fixed.

ChemGuy likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's already a couple guys doing that.

14. fastfreddie

Broome has more than one service provider? :eek:
    :D

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Pic of said track weapon. :clap:

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Beauty of racing an 08 to 16 r6, is they are not expensive to begin with now, and spares are real cheap. Have you priced a gas tank for the 17+ r6? How bout wheels? BIG dollars.
    You can buy a brand new oem silver mat finish bare tank for the 08 to 16 for under 400$. Used tanks are $300 and may get lucky and its a color you can use. Wheels $400 a set all day. Rads, stators, subframes, forks, etc all out there all day.

AC792 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fixed. :D

that was too damn easy Chris...:crackup:

MELK-MAN likes this.