1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plane guys

Discussion in 'General' started by Funkm05, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

ChemGuy likes this.
  4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Is the 206 the Stationair? My cousins had some on floats in Juneau AK. I've lost touch but they had a charter outfit called Channel Flying that took cruise passengers over to the Taku lodge for a salmon dinner, then back to the ship over the glacier. Cool job.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

14,000 hrs is just getting broke in....:rolleyes:

6. Dragginass

Whether planes or cars, I always question anyone who doesn't at least clean their wares before trying to sell them....

ducnut and JJJerry like this.
  7. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

8. Dragginass

I don't follow markets, but after training in a newer glass cockpit 172 I don't see how people fly some of this old stuff. I just saw that it was a 206 so I posted it.

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

10. ChemGuy

Rv10s are a great plane. Get cirrus performance for 1/4 the cost.
    And being EAB errything is cheaper to add, fix etc.

But some people just gotta pay for that chute

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, idiots who want to improve their chances of living. :rolleyes:

:D

speedluvn likes this.
  12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I may know someone that could be interested when he posts it. Is it IFR certified ?

13. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

There is a lot of piece of mind with the Cirrus. For that alone it is worth more to many pilots/passengers.

We are in the local club that flies 20's and 22's. They are great plains.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Probably, I'll ask him, hoping to fly with him next week.

15. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

The RV10s are hard to come by these days, and pulling a pretty penny at that. I have been keeping my eye out for one. I built and own an RV-6A, but really need 4 seats. The 10's are just to high a price at the moment for me. I have been considering a Velocity, but then you loose any chance at grass or short runways. The velocity is fast and efficient, but for improved runways only.

If EAB is an option, the Bearhawk is a sweet ride. 4 seats, but can haul quite a lot. Put some tundra tires on it and you are in business.

Does he really need the capacity of a 206? A 182 is a nice ride, the turbo version is really good for cross-country, just need O2 to take full advantage.

Picture from a few days ago
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

He’s open to a smaller 182, but he’d prefer the extra capacity of the 206. He wants to be able to haul hunting gear and such out to North Dakota and such and not have to worry about/fight it.

17. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

It's still amazing to see how effective it is, two people crashed an SR-22 in the mountains today… walked away with only minor injuries, thanks to that chute.

18. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I wonder how often having the chute leads to overconfidence and ends up with the pilot getting in over his head?

19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

That chute costs $100/month fyi.

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. ChemGuy

I'm sure it has saved quite a few people over the years. I would rather spend that chute money on something else and take my chances for the tiny percentage of time i would be in a really bad landing place. Now if I flew around a lot of forests, city, cumulo-granite maybe that equation would change. But for that i would probably prefer to go to a twin instead of the expensive chute.

Many of us remember how they first sold this thing... Its your personal airliner, fly whenever and if something bad happens just pull the chute. And the advertised in non -flying magazines to get new people with $$$ to buy one. And it worked. And they killed themselves regularly. The Cirrus accident/fatality rate was horrendous in the early days. Now they have better type specific training and that has really helped. Especially since the main part of training is pull the chute.

And too each his own. If i had the coin to buy and operate a Cirrus level plane...lots of planes ahead of the Cirrus on my list...Mooney, Bo, RV10, Comanche, several twins