1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seen Any Good Concerts Lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I saw Beck and Cage the Elephant last night, holy crap what an awesome show. I was there to primarily see Beck, but Cage put on a spectacular show. I can't remember when I've seen that much energy from a band. I was very impressed with both bands.

Anybody see any good shows lately?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've got two turn tables and a microphone

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

where it's at

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

May 1984 The Forum
    Van Halen 1984

Last “good” concert I saw

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

We saw Heart and Joan Jett last night, pretty decent show.

stk0308 likes this.
  6. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Tiesto was awesome.

7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Slipknot next week, I've seen them before and I promise it will be a hell of a show.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Saw Cage the Elephant at a free show for Derby a few years ago when they first came out. Great show indeed. Saw X last month...a rocking show considering their age.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I have an iPod and a killer speaker.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Good guitar player? ;)

11. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Collective Soul. They have more songs than you would think you've heard. They put on a polished show and many of their songs have 'sing along' parts. Just a good night out and they don't charge a heck of a lot for it.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  12. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Bush / Live was great when i saw them a few days ago

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If you get the chance, go see The Record Company before they get too big. I saw them last fall. It was a Tuesday night so there was only about a hundred people there and it was amazing! They toured all winter/spring with Bob Segar so their fan base has increased significantly though.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Been a couple years, Charlie Daniels Band is the most recent. The best I ever saw was Tina Turner.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Still to this day the best concert I ever saw/worked. I really want to see J Lo's show from what I'm hearing she is on that level now.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

She singing Tina Turner songs?

renegade17 and Robin172 like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which one did you work? I saw in 1985 in Greensboro. IIRC it was the Private Dancer Tour. Mister Mister was the opening act.

18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Free concert series locally (Summer Sounds, Cedarburg, WI) had a band called "Remember Jones" play. They are from Ashbury Park, NJ. That was an incredible show. 12 piece band, with a rocking horn section, two female backup vocalists that were some of the strongest singers I have heard, with a male lead vocalist. That was the tightest band I have seen play. Ever. They did 90% originals and 10% covers and their covers were perfect. If you want a fun party band, they are it.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can assure you he didn't work that one, gramps. :D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF, 12 is old enough to go to work.