1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quilting questions

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

IMG_2550.JPG

G 97 likes this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm just looking for some good knitting or crocheting tips. :p

3. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The only good quilting question is to the wife "Since your quilting all day you don't mind if I go ride my dirt bike do you?"

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Hand stitch or GTFO.

RRP and Jedb like this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Luckily, I have several quilts hand-made by my grandmother.

I will pass on joining this latest WERA BBS member fad.

7. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ya know, I have some relatives down here who are local bigwigs for the Central Fla. ASG (American sewing Guild) . I can hook you up if you want!! :crackup::crackup:

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You start your own thread for help on those ghey ass hobbies. Keep my manly quilting thread manly

9. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

So...basically block captains for a sewing gang.

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Well it is the summer break for the major motorcycle racing series so we do have to keep things lively around here and have something interesting to talk about. :D

11. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

You are out of your fool mind. You probably think it takes more skill to crochet than to knit also.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

How well does embroidery work on thick quilt material?

13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Macramè or GTFO.

969 and ChemGuy like this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sorry man, it won't happen again. :D

Actually my next door neighbor is a quilter. She's got a huge sewing machine that was like $15,000 and takes up a whole room.

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Hey, "Can-am" on here is a quilting contact.....touchy ground here :) Its actually his wife, Robin.....longtime WERA pitbabe:)....Ron and Robin have the WERA operation down!

Ron (Can-am) is the man behind the "Concourse" recently at Barber, and staunch Vintage supporter.....Ron does vintage GP bikes, and Robin does quilting.....she is like "President of the quilting society" or something. National shows and conventions.

Her setup is pretty impressive. My wife recently came away with a truckload of hand-made quilts done by Robin, and a "lightened" purse, but worth every penny. They were Christmas presents for all the woman in our families......they were a big hit because, well, they were really nice stuff!

I'm sure Robin would welcome questions and inquiries......just like we would with someone asking about motorcycle racing.

She is passionate about it, and it shows.:flag:

16. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

The wife uses a bernina to get all the basics done and then takes it to the local shop for the long arm work. She said not worth getting her own long arm machine considering the cost involved.

17. I usually have the OG Facebook going, police scanner. Last week there was an elderly woman trying to use counterfeit money at Shoneys. I was crying laughing. Not as good as Monday night where a couple picked up a wounded dog at a gas station, brought it home, turns out it was a coyote. They had a firearm but did not want to discharge it in the neighborhood to euthanize the animal. By the time officer 106 got there animal was deceased. Every week I do a best of and add sound clips. Have scanner hooked up to an old laptop that starts recording once sound starts then stops after 2s with no sound. Takes up less mwmwory. I add a bunch of sound bites and send it to a select group of people. Last night there was a man in his front yard mowing the grass while “only wearing white underwear”. Guess that’s better than the 6 year old losing toes via lawnmower Tuesday night.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

What part of FL do you live in?:D

Banditracer and Phl218 like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, no wonder I broke up the Squadron. Crap like this thread. :D

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

I asked my Mom and she said I need to find less gay friends. :D