1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SSN YOU better read this.Miltary people

Discussion in 'General' started by sptbk57, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I bought this looked familiar. OP posted nearly the exact same thing a year ago. What the hell? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

You can put your license plate into Carvana's website and it will give you a value for your car. So clearly some stuff is available to more than just law enforcement.

Plus every cop car around here has license plate scanners. Traffic cams, electronic toll booths, The MAN knows where you're going even before you do. It's only a matter of time before the insurance companies get ahold of it and use it to rape you.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Well yes, that's all about your car, but not about you. So again, not going to say much about you, personally.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Doesn’t hurt to be cautious when it doesn’t cost you anything. Is it likely someone could use your license plate number for nefarious purposes? Doubtful, but scammers and criminals are clever as fuck. The people trusted to safeguard our data always fuck up and lose it to hackers. Better to put out a minimum of information.

I’ll bet that the government cameras that snap photos of your license plate will be hacked or already have. Just imagine how car thieves would use that shit. Looking to steal a 98 Civic and chop that shit? Fuck informants or driving around. Take those government photos, run it through computer vision algorithms and figure out where every single 98 Civic in the county is parked.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Not possible. There weren't any gay people in the military before Clinton and DADT. o_O

:D

6. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

You mean racing??? :p

7. Resident Plarp

If you’re looking to steal a ‘98 Honda Civic, you probably discovered crayons last year and ought to be thrown screaming from a high rise into a pile of recycled rubber dog shit while Tom Hanks narrates the whole act.

... but I do agree with your government assessment. OPM’s been covered by the most complicated web security system built by the lowest bidder from a company no one’s heard of. So they’ve been successfully hacked at least half a million times in the last thirty minutes. If you’re anybody worth half a sniff, PRC already knows your first pet’s name and your favorite teacher from elementary school along with the rest of your pedigree informarion.

8. auminer

9. Littlehat

Littlehat Well-Known Member

You are advertising this when everyone in the military already knows what is happening with their SSN. This thread should be deleted.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10. auminer

Nope. 'Tarded lives forever on the beeb.

11. Resident Plarp

Delete your social security number before it’s too late!

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

But what about my social security anxiety?

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

...and the Interwebz are written ink, not pencil :D

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I have to give the IRS a pin every year when paying my taxes. Someone got my social somewhere along the way.

15. jdaniel

jdaniel Well-Known Member

The military went to DOD ID numbers several years ago, plus now there is mandatory PII training and monthly PII inspections. (Personably Identifiable Information) Its not perfect but it isn't a total disregard for someone's information.