1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Meh.....

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Leathers on the billboard is better :D

3. Johnny B

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no shit ! ! people are so sensitive these days... lol !

5. MELK-MAN

I'm good with rules. i follow em most of the time. You have addressed we won't be able to park across from tower, where Chuck, Mesa, myself and others have routinely parked. No problem. It's now a rule... But asking nicely... HOW does blocking off these 5 or so nice pit spots resolve the issue that was the subject of this thread? It doesn't make any sense (in my humble opinion). How does it come to this based on someone having a disagreement about some pit turf?

Won't removing 5+ spots with power, make the problem that was the original post topic, WORSE ? .. there will be fewer available spots with power, potentially causing more arguments and discussions about "hey, can you move your trailer over a few feet?"

There is no more FM station to tune into (or pit spots wouldn't be as critical a situation!! ). I talked to someone that works at Barber, FM station is gone. You can't tune in to it as it's not there and won't ever be again (never say never but that's what he said).. there is zero PA that you can hear, much past pit IN and down toward the final turn. That's why you don't see many park down that way..
    Hopefully the other half of the 2nd tier at least will be open for the GNF..
    Thanks for considering a free standing karaoke type PA for the awards for tech garage. Not having to do awards on the end of the tower near pit in, will make that area available for good pa listening pit spots (if you allow parking there).

6. Johnny B

Not a good idea. Somebody messed with our resident OCD at Loudon and he called the cops.

[​IMG]

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Blocking them off makes me happier. One of them is mine if I'm there and I won't hear the whining if no one is fighting next to me. More importantly Evelyne won't have to deal with it.

Removing 5 spots at Barber will have NO effect. YOU are choosing not to go toward T1, if you make that choice it's your choice. No, the PA and FM issue isn't a viable excuse to allow you to park in the parking lot again.

None of you have routinely been parking there either, that all started at the most 3 years ago and me being nice led to this shit. No more being nice. Everyone will be all pissed at me for a few then get over it, or not.

How in the world will the skid pad be different than tier one by turn 15? BTW - Billy always was in the end spot there and had no issues showing up for his sessions on time. Well, none cause by where he parked. You can pay attention to what is going on and never need a PA system. But if you need your hand held that's cool, there is still a shit ton of room at Barber. You can keep making up reason why nothing is as perfect as the parking lot by the tower but we both know better.

I'll find out more on the FM transmitter. If they don't have one I'll bring one, not a big deal, it worked at the last event I attended.

noles19, TurboBlew, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

But when will Metalhead become the paddock parking marshal deputy?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have to come up with the proper attire for him to get respect and convey his authoritie.

Shenanigans, zamboiv, noles19 and 4 others like this.
  10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Like a 2 yr old kick there feet and screaming, "that's not fair".....

11. MELK-MAN

no worries. If spots are coned off, or we are made aware of no parking areas ahead of setting up, then it's the rule and i'll be good with it.

The 2nd tier spot has a giant speaker facing down that skid pad on top of the bathroom facing that way.. it can't be heard down on the first tier between pit in and final corner. so there's that....It's so loud in fact, that at the GNF, a guy climbed up there and faced the speaker up toward the sky ;) (yes, really)

Please bring an FM transmitter. I am the only one complaining, but many will be appreciative of being able to hear calls from anywhere in the pits as i've had this discussion with a bunch of people.
    Thanks

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

He even knows sign language

[​IMG]

And you find out the true character of a person once you give him authority...

Attached Files:

Shenanigans, Metalhead and TurboBlew like this.
  13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:DYeah......ridiculous. I sure do miss WERA weekends:(

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I would OWN that shit.

Killswitch and Shenanigans like this.
  15. upload_2019-7-3_21-27-52.png

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And no punctuation. I want to kill a maf on that reason alone.

Bloodhound and Gorilla George like this.
  17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Hey John,
    Stop being a dick about Steven!!! I don't know him and I don't know you, but you seem to take every opportunity that is available on the beeb to make some kind of point about how he must have wronged you in some fundamental way in the past. Give it an F'n rest, I am tired of it and it reflects badly on you. If we have mental health concerns, maybe you should take a long serious look in the mirror and take care of your fixation on him. Regardless of the initial cause, you are being a dick.

Robby Bobby,
    You seem to have taken a side and advocated for the right for somebody to move a "little" trailer because it was taking up too much space. How the F do you know how much pit space was needed for the race weekend just because the only thing left there was an open trailer. Maybe he had somebody else coming to share his space, ( he says he did). Maybe he was driving a giant van, RV or truck but was at a hotel that night for the comfort of his wife and kids. Here is a point to you.... you don't know any of the answers and neither did anybody else that was there that night, including the guy that moved the trailer. So, you can make all the assumptions you want and project your badassness on here as much as you want, but if you or anybody else has such a sense of entitlement that you can justify moving the race equipment of somebody that got to the track early enough to secure the space they needed, then you are just flat out wrong.

Steven,
    Just let it go. If your intent was to raise awareness of pit etiquette, then you have done so.

18. John Branch

John Branch 90125

who Named you dick patrol ? Don’t care what you think

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Look here you miserable little prick, I have been on here a long time and I am the well known, albeit self appointed, voice of reason here. The fact that you posted within seconds professing to not care, indicates that you do care. Probably to an excessive amount. Remember we were discussing your obsession with Steven, perhaps obsessive behavior is an issue with you?

So There!!

your pal,
    Ken

G 97, crashman, VFR#52 and 3 others like this.
  20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hey Ken … didn't you recently retire to get away from stuff like this? :--)

scottn and VFR#52 like this.