1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Tell Me About Texas

Discussion in 'General' started by Mike Lafayette, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Those fuckers are as far north as Tennessee.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Or California. I am not sure there is anyone from Austin living there anymore. I grew up just south of Fort Worth, and I will return there someday (hopefully soon). Texas is as much a state of mind as it is a physical place. I love my state.

3. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

I'll take the fire ants over the mosquitoes. A little Andro (sp) solves that problem.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. And the cancer is creeping in to the surrounding communities too. We are in Round Rock and I am constantly amazed by the stupid that is slowly taking over.

5. I worked for a Houston-based company for many years. If they had offered me a job at HQ, I would have taken it. Texas has everything you need and want (except decent weather).

10MM likes this.
  6. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Houston sucks,Dallas sucks,Austin is sucking! And San Antonio will start too suck if we get anymore dam yanks! Welcome to TEXAS IF YOU MUST:beer: Hopefully someone is moving out of state and you can just replace them:clap:

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Probably a bunch of 'em as we speak.

8. Poor baby

9. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

10. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I did not say I hated it. I will say that I do hate the way that entitled assholes from other states think they should move in and immediately demand that shit changes so that it is more like wherever they left. But you think I should GTFO because I like how things are done in Texas and do not want it to change so that it is more like California or New York?

You are an idiot. Probably one of those idiots who wants to change shit so it is more like "home" wherever you move. Feel free to eat a giant bag of dicks.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Damn. I thought Canuckians were nice...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Cedar Park, Leander and Round Rock are a few places we liked. Also liked New Braunsfels in the other direction. We would like to look at Georgetown next time. We definitely want to stay clear of Austin itself. I had heard about it prior to our trip. Our first day there, we decided to drive around a bit and unknowingly ended up on S Congress Ave on a Saturday afternoon. Freak city.

15. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have been down there for 14 years now. Austin used to be pretty cool but now it just seems like the city is trying too hard to live up to its reputation.What used to be fun and a bit different now almost seems scripted.
    I really like New Braunfels. It is not crazy crowded, the water park is really good and houses are not quite as pricey. North of Georgetown around Walburg has some decent stuff. We looked out there but wifey felt that it was too far out.
    Round Rock is good but starting to get a bit busy. Lago Vista has some decent areas but is quite a bit further out than Cedar Park and Leander.
    If you have any specific questions about the area I am more than happy to answer them.

wsmc42 likes this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I believe that you may have been given flawed intel...:D

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed. :moon:

Steeltoe, crashman and auminer like this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand