1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Day Antifreeze Coolant?

Discussion in 'General' started by FED34FIRE, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

haha...like you??? :Poke: Please explain to me like I use Engine Ice or Evans...lol:rtfrb:

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have a couple of tomato plants growing in pots on my deck. They are doing awesome and I expect a bumper crop. However, they are just standard nursery grown generic tomatoes. Next year, now that I am retired, I will start some heirlooms from seeds and have a deck loaded with extra yummy tomatoes. Now, on to the real question. I also have a pot with sriracha peppers growing. They are doing well, but I don't know anything about them. When are they ripe? Do they turn red? How big will they get before I need to pick them? How should I use them?

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

50/50 Ethylene glycol/water has a higher boiling point than water alone (~223°F) but only about 75% the heat capacity, meaning that it won't conduct heat away from a surface it's contacting as efficiently. As long as the coolant does not boil, it's the heat capacity that matters.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sriracha is a red jalepeno. It will turn red when ripe. The longer it ages on the vine, the hotter they will get. They'll get to be about 4". Use them any way you want. A good appetizer is to brown a pound of sausage, drain the grease, mix with 8oz cream cheese and a cup of shredded parmesan. Split the peppers in half and stuff the halves with the sausage mixture and bake for about 20 min at 425. Serve with ranch dressing as a dip.

5. kenessex

Thanks for the valuable info on the peppers. They sound like they might be just what I want. They should be a nice addition to my salsa recipe and my couscous salad. I will certainly try them in the stuffed pepper recipe and report back.

This is way more useful than the original topic since most of my race bikes are air cooled and the SV only gets water.

worthless likes this.
  6. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

:Puke:

7. kenessex

Are you kidding? Tasty little pastas with diced cucumber, celery, tomato, radish, Anaheim pepper, jalapeno and fresh arugula, Thai basil and chives. Mixed with some rice vinegar and olive oil. It is awesome!!
    I am sorry you have lead a sheltered life and are unable to appreciate a fine salad, like this.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

i need to come eat at your place, is what i've learned from this thread

9. kenessex

Come on by. I always have enough. I love to cook and I must admit, I am pretty good at it. Now that I am retired I have plenty time and food.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but you moved from north of Canadia to just even with Canadia :D

mastermind likes this.
  11. kenessex

Not true... Canadia is way north of me. They are on the other side of Lake Superior and stuff.

mastermind likes this.
  12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

All I got from your posts is that you grow pot. That’s legal in WI now right?

:D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Windsor is south of all of cheeseland :D

14. kenessex

Technically, but Canadia is still a couple of hours north of me, here.:p

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well yeah but it's still south of you too :D

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Sorry I almost forgot but here it is
    [​IMG]

17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

That's absolutely not glycol free and not WERA legal. It's Ethylene glycol free... which makes it legal for some orgs, but its made of Propylene glycol which is still pretty slippery and apparently still hard to clean up. I know because I ran it for a few years before I finally wised up.

TX Joose likes this.
  18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Good to know.