1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any cigar lovers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Jul 8, 2018.

1. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

I smoke them regularly. Love them as much now as before.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way way way way way out of my price range but they are purty.

3. r6khari

r6khari Well-Known Member

Here's an idea for a humidor. https://www.famous-smoke.com/xikar+50+count+cigar+humidor/item+25424

Certainly not as pretty as many others, but it's always ready to go, keeps each cigar very secure, is extremely durable, and is very good at maintaining humidity. I use it for when I travel. Each cigar slot will hold cigars larger than double corona size. Get yourself two or three of the humidifiers in the link below and you are good to go, quite literally.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HT_1_65

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've actually got a few different pelican type cases, maybe I'll just make my own. Hell, I've got ammo cans too, just slot some wood paneling and and voila.

5. The best „paneling“ for this purpose would be breaking down a couple wooden cigar boxes.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But I'm too cheap to buy entire boxes of cigars :D

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've been really enjoying cigars lately. Bought a bunch at special event a store was having and smoked them. Got a sampler from Thompson's and they weren't bad. Just ordered another sampler from Cigars International so we'll see how they are. but my main question is...what are some of the good cigar brands that aren't the old classics? I know about Macanudo, R&J, H. Upmann, etc. I know nothing about Acid, Gurkha etc. Recommend away! The cigars I got in my first sampler were Victor Sinclair's, which I had never heard of but they weren't bad.

This is what I ordered last night...https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/victor-sinclair-serie-55-flight-sampler/2003890/#p-2003619

G 97 and Phl218 like this.
  8. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Www.cigarpage.com

Always has great deals. Also check out the brother of the leaf forum. A lot of good dudes on there.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

i dig the CI samplers. good sampling range and not the full swing commitment required.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Acid cigars are "flavor infused" along with most others from Drew Estate, I like all varieties except the "Red" banded series.

Acid- Blondies are quite tasty, Cold Infusion Tea as well and the Roam are my recommendations from them.

Henry Clay- almost any Maduro (dark skinned wrapper) is what I would call a nice oily smoke. Good with a scotch on the back porch.

CAO- almost all seem to have a peppery finish. The Black series, Brasils, and Italian series are my go to cigars from them. A sampler would be your best bet.

5-Vegas- I liked them. Reminded me of almost any typical Upman, Macanudo or other maker, just a bit easier on the wallet.

Onyx Reserve- great smoking Maduros! Can be had at a good pricepoint as well.

For online vendors I always liked Bonita Smoke Shop and Cigars International.

P.S. I've never gotten a good batch of Ghurkas personally. From one place I thought it was a qc issue but even speaking with the local tobacconist shop there seems to be issues.

rd400racer likes this.
  11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I tried the two recommendations from dsapsis and was very impressed. 13/10 would purchase again.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Restocked with a few 5Vegas and Diesel torpedos
    75690AAA-F0C6-4329-A983-26D4B1E96364.jpeg

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, great suggestions. I’ve tried the 5 Vegas and like them very much. Good price on them too. I’ll order another batch.

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My BIL got me going again on this cigar thing and I curse him almost everyday! :mad:

I've gone from a few a year (usually whenever I made the trip to see both my brother & sister) to 2 or 3 a WEEK! :eek:

I'm really happy buying from Mike's, usually in smaller batches (I like the samplers for their free shipping and variety). I've become a big fan of the My Father family of cigars as well as the Oliva V series. Montecristo, Cohiba, La Gloria Cubana, & Romero Y Julieta are also some of my favorites. I have a hard time paying over $10 for a cigar but my BIL is always looking for that "holy grail"cigar and has been known to pay far more than that for a smoke. I believe that his favorites are from the Arturo Fuente family and also the Ashton VSG.

15. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Some others for you to try are Arturo Fuentes (Hemingway series), Ashton,and for special occasions Padron.

16. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

I’ve got New World by Aj Fernandez, Don Pepin Garcia blues, nub’s and leaf by Oscar in my current rotation.

17. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I forgot about Rocky Patels. Those are pretty okay too (I’m actually enjoying one right now).

I hate you Rodney!!! :p

18. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I forget, the best bang for your buck has to be Arturo Fuente Curlyheads... A premium cigar at about $3.50 a stick or so. Made with short fillers so don't expect a long, dense ash but they are great for a humidor filler or giving to a guest after dinner.

19. ton

ton Arf!

if you like 'em full flavored (i love the My Father La Bijou)... i'd add:

La Flor Dominicana (particularly the ligero, double ligero, and air bender. if you can find the "digger", that thing is a 2.5h smoke.)
    CAO flathead series. The 660 is really nice for the price.

20. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

The cedar-wrapped Romeo y Julieta 1875, properly humidor'd is really hard to beat in my opinion.