1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I look for motorcycles because I ride. When I see one, I look for cues that they might be moving faster than expected. Most people, including the farmer, would not likely assume that any vehicle was traveling at 3 times the limit.

Yzasserina and Gorilla George like this.
  2. trojanliu

trojanliu Active Member

Hope to see you there... sounds like you might already have appropriate leathers. Just don’t do this crazy sh*t at the track either... you can equally hurt a fellow rider. Being at a track doesn’t give you a pass to go balls out at every straight and take up the whole surface when you make your turns. I think one of the biggest things that has helped me both on the track and street is to be predictable (in the good way). Learn some new techniques, meet some nice people, and you may find you aren’t interested in riding street anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBird likes this.
  3. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Anytime you hit the red limiter on the street, the possibility of stupid hurting is also pegged at the red limiter : )

4. :stupid:

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

This is what I still can’t wrap my head around. How the fuck did you think it would go? The only thing that’s more of a constant is Garth defending the indefensible in his usual attempt to troll.

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Wait a minute . . . wait one minute! The beeb has assigned trollers and in defense of Garth, he was merely doing his assigned beeb job and nothing more.

Steeltoe and R Acree like this.
  7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Fair enough. :D

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Not only that, but the beeb's trollers are departmentalized. Different trollers for different trolls.... :D

BigBird, speedluvn and SGVRider like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't forget Danger Mark 151. The OP got the best endorsements. :D

beac83, Scotty87 and SGVRider like this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's like using dipsey divers vs down riggers, vs bottom bouncers...... You gotta vary your technique for what you're trying to catch.

Scotty87 likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sometimes they just jump right into the damn boat

condon66 and Dan Dubeau like this.
  12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

We've all done dumb shit on 2 wheels. The biggest mistake was posting it on here! :crackup:

bwhip, BigBird, Bloodhound and 4 others like this.
  13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Troll level 11

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I prefer “Gonna be croc shit soon Mark”. Maybe
    CrocSnack Mark for brevity. Or BiteMark151 for one of the notes on the coroner’s report. We should make a poll.

I thought OP was like 22. That’s expected behavior for that age. At 59 I’d think his survival skills would be better honed. This is probably trolling, but if not hopefully he gets to a track. Not surprised to see the dogpile, it is deserved, but we’ve all done stupid shit on the bike.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

To your point, I thought he was a young squid as well, but doing something stupid at 59 isn't what's surprising to me. I've certainly calmed down in my 50's, but I'm not immune to a moment of poor judgement. That said, if I was silly enough to post about it here, it would start with a mea culpa, and a fair assessment of why I shouldn't have done whatever I did. His initial post made it seem as if the tractor guy had some fault in this near miss, which is exactly what you'd expect from a 22 year old squid.

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

While the rest of you are busy pontificating from your thrones of righteous indignation, I am seeing the opportunity to turn a tidy profit. A fifty nine year old man is not going to change his spots. Who wants to invest in a sizeable life insurance policy for the OP, with his forum advisors as the listed beneficiaries, of course? Looks safer than Bitcoin to me.

OldSchlPunk, britx303 and MachineR1 like this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

18. SGVRider

Agreed. I think the blaming tractor guy part made me think he was young more than the act itself.

If he’s legit, I don’t think that’s as safe as you think. If he’s made it to 59 with that attitude he’s one lucky asshole. He will outlive all of us. BiteMark151 has been looking for a croc swimming partner, I think we found him.

19. SGVRider

Yeah this is probably Francis. Pretty good troll thread, kudos good sir.

20. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

BiteMark151 is a good one! :crackup: