1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boots for wide feet

Discussion in 'General' started by Tyler S, May 30, 2019.

1. Tyler S

Tyler S Member

Currently I wear Alpinestars SMX6 size 43 and they fit me great. I've been trying to upgrade as I only ride track now and I would like to have a bit more protection.

So far I have tried:
    Sidi Mag1 size 43(Pressure point on outside of foot near small toe)
    Alpinestars Supertech R Size 43(Too big)
    Alpinestars Supertech R size 42 (Too tight)
    Dianese Torque out Size 43(Couldnt even get my foot into them)
    Forma Ice Pro Flow size 43(Same pressure point as the sidis)

I was looking to try Gaerne as most people say they are good for wide feet, but I can only find them in non-perf. I am currently in Socal and dont really want to go with a non-perf boot since some track days can be 100+ degrees. I've got a pair of TCX shoes for street riding, but they are size 44 and feel too long and would probably be too tight if i sized down. Is the sizing for their boots different?

Anyone got any ideas? I'm getting tired of ordering and returning boots.

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Wish I could help you. I have larger calves. Aplinestars SMX's I had before were hard to get closed around the calf. Bought Sidi Mag1's and they were a lot better. My Sidi's did feel tight at first, couple sessions and they broke in. 1st session with them, it was hard as hell to move my foot under the shifter. Was very frustrated about possibly paying $475 for a set of boots that "suck". Put on my Alpinestars to finish the day. Got home and walked around the house in the Sidi's. They loosened up a tick. Next race weekend it was better. Havent put on the Aplinestars since. My SMX's felt too big in the toes though. I just dealt with it.

3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Maybe try the Daytona Security boot?

4. Tyler S

Tyler S Member

Yeah I felt the same with the sidis, the SMX6 feel like socks compared lol. I had an issue with the shifter pad digging into the top of my foot.

I also have the issue with large calves. The mag1s barely fit over my leathers with the calf adjuster fully opened up. Im not sure if the Supertech Rs would even zip up over my leathers, I only tested them around my leg.

5. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

6. Gaerne are all that fit good. A* are too tight even though my mx boots are a 13 and I wear a 12. Gaerne for road race boots are all that fit me even close to good.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. MikeDeRoche

MikeDeRoche SailCaptain

I have a really wide (EEE) and high volume foot. Can't even fit a Dianese two sizes larger. Normal shoe size is 11 EEE. I found the TCX R-S2 in size 46 to be be pretty comfortable. Slight mis-alignment of the ankle flex point but otherwise not too bad. I don't think this boot is still being made, replacement might be the TCX-RT Race Air. Unfortunately, if you have large feet, you have to pay for a decent fit.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Another vote for TCX. I'm a 14 wide and they fit me better than anything else.

9. Hey gang, it’s been a while but I’m also looking for a track only boot with lots of protection. I have a wide foot and have now tried on Alpinestars Supertechs which were too narrow in the toe box and also Dainese D1 Axial which where either too tight or too much space in the toe box as well causing my heel to move around a lot when putting pressure on my toes and it did not feel safe.

from my research it seems like Gaerne and Daytona are the best for wide feet.

How would I be able to size up a Daytona or Gaerne? I cannot find anyone that sells them here in SoCal and I’m afraid I’m gonna buy a boot that’s too big or small and be stuck with it $600+.

anyone have any experience with either of these manufacturers?

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Only thing I have found that fit my 4E hoof was the Sidi Mega which is no longer made. Not vented which sucks but sweaty beats limping.

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

It would be nice if Keen made RR boots...

12. Need_4_Speed

Need_4_Speed Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time finding some boots I like. I have wide feet and it doesn't help that I messed up my left foot/ankle in an accident before I was smart enough to buy boots and the the foot is a little different shape then the right foot.

My very first pair were Sidi Vertebra's (size 47 I think) and after coming back to the sport I bought a pair of Sidi Mag-1 in size 47. The problem I have the the Mag-1 boots is my pinky toes get rubbed raw by lunch time and there is so much material at the top of the foot by the ankle that the straps don't hold my heal back. Needless to say they aren't very comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

I've been on a mission to find new boots and so far I've tried on the following:
    • Dainese Axial D1 (size 47) - Couldn't even get my foot into the boot. It's a shame, I really wanted them.
    • Alpinestars Supertech R (size 47) - I've borrowed these boots before, but they were well broken in. The new pair put a lot of pressure on the inside of my left ankle.
    • TCX RT-Race Pro (size 45, 46, and 47) - After fighting with the smaller sizes (I never would have ordered a 45 but their website had it labeled as a 11.5US which I wear) I can wear the 47 but it's almost 3/4" too long. Also there is a lot of material at the top/front of the ankle like the Mag-1's it's weird.
    I ordered a pair of Supertech R's in a 48 to see how the fit, but I feel they will be too long as well.

Are there any companies that would tailor a boot to an individual? At this point I'm willing to pay decent money for something that fits really well.

13. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I'm in the same spot with a wide foot. I have tried on every boot I could find at the dealer and/or bike shows.

Laugh if you will, but this is what I've done to help stretch the boots out before wearing.

Starting slow and taking my time I can get the boots to fit just how I want.

I insert this style of air bag into the toe area and inflate as needed.

I bought different size bags to fit deep into the boot or just around the ankle area.

I also apply leather conditioner as I go. Just don't blow the zipper out.

https://www.amazon.com/Cherne-270040-Test-Ball-4-Inch-Plug/dp/B000VYL5AE?th=1