1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

How many different winners in SBK this year?

Beaubier, Elias, Herrin and Beach

How many different podium finishers this year in SBK?

Beaubier, Elias, Beach, Scholtz, Herrin and Gerloff

How many different winners in Stock 1000?

Lee and Gilbert

How many different podium finishers in Stock 1000?

Lee, Gilbert, Mesa and Wyman

Yes, Stock 1000 has had less races, but it's still the same 3-4 regulars that dust everyone else. Don't believe me? Looks at how far back everyone else in that class finishes.

You join the two classes and make everyone run Stock 1000 rules, the same 5 teams will come out shining over all the others (Monster Yamaha, Yosh, Westby, Attack and Hammer) and that is if Monster Yamaha, Yosh and Attack decide to participate in a class where they cant show off their engineering and development abilities. So now you'd be losing 5 bikes from the grid.

Also, looking at the blistering time that @Gmay99 set this morning, only 19 bikes are within 110% of his lap.

FTFY

Hoffman900, Dragginass and Circacee like this.
  2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

At this point the Superbike class is the support class. The life support class.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're truly delusional.

Hoffman900 and backcountryme like this.
  4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Looking at the speeds, it looks like the MP racing #4 Supersport machine might be down a bit on power. Josh will have some tough work to do if he wants to get a win at Road America.

Superbike is alive and well and it is still the premier class. Walk through the paddock and see which pits look like the premier class.

5. backcountryme

I have been called worse.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too :crackup:

backcountryme likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

The Superbike class brings in more support, funding and fans then probably all the other classes combined.
    So even if there are only 13 teams or what not, Superbike is the engine that makes Moto America run.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  8. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Required for all sessions. When someone doesn't have it on or low batt they post it on the live timing at the bottom.

r6boater likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, no SB no factories or factory support of the bigger teams. No support and you have a soon dead series. Even with bike sales down and less money they are a necessity for pro racing.

10. backcountryme

Didn't World Superbike or BSB lose all it's factory teams at one point?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are not the US and do not have the same issues with support from outside sponsors. Here if the OEMs don't support it no one will. Been there heard that directly from people with millions and millions to spend on advertising...

backcountryme likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, looks like Barnes it putting the hurtin on the twins class. Up 2 seconds on 2nd place right now.

Unfortunately Draik hasn't put in a lap yet and practice is half way over.

Dave Hanson and r6boater like this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

So looking at the lap times at the ultimate horsepower track in the US they are very close. Then look at the top speed and the fast guys are around 131 0r 132 mph. So as I've said before old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
    GO MICHAEL BARNES!

14. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Have a Roku TCL TV, Google Cromecast dongle thingy and the Motoamerica Live+ subscription. Any way to cast to my TV?

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

That's a bummer as I just looked at the weekend schedule and the Twins don't get much practice/qualifying time this weekend.

16. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Draik, 3rd in P1

r6boater likes this.
  17. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

So why did Toni get a dq?

18. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Don't know about that Roku TV, it may have a browser you can use to access the Live website. Otherwise you can cast from any computer on your local network to that Chromecast dongle.

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Copied from Draik's Race Page on Facebook:

After a long day of getting rested up to make the most out of my track time we finally got a chance to twist the grip. I kept missing my pit board for 4 laps telling me to come in, I finally did when my fairing stay was a bit loose.... what I didn't realize was I was getting called in for my transponder not registering.

After some quick diagnostics, we determined the hard-wired transponder has died... fortunately Scott from MotoAmerica called tech, where they had a spare I could borrow and not miss the rest of the session. So, Dad ran to get it while I got suited back up (I took my gear off since I was told I wasn't going to be able to go back out and missed about half the session), by the time I got back on track I had two flying laps. So, to be 3rd with such a trying session is a pretty great place to start the weekend on my amazing AP MotoArts FZ07R!