1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they're jumping to conclusions on that one. I use Hulu for current broadcast TV content. Netflix is usually movies (vast majority being B movies at best) or dated TV shows. Prime is hit or miss on most everything but they do occasionally have some stuff I like. I may or may not do the Disney+ to get ESPN but probably not. I can get everything they have on ABC through an antenna or Hulu. The movies will be cheaper to rent through Prime than spending the 7 bucks a month and either way it wouldn't get me to nuke Netflix at this point.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

do you watch Netflix ? it's come a long way from that. It has a lot, A LOT of original content that is produced by Netflix.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, the article covered the original content and yes I watch a lot of that as well. We watch Netflix as much as the others combined. I was more thinking about more of what Disney would bring to the table Netflix doesn't and it really isn't anything that would remotely change what I spend my money on.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Disney will bring kids, Star Wars, and Marvel fans predominantly, and I didn't even know Bohemian Rhapsody is Disney Owned too, so they will have some adult movies (non-XXX) available too.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it'll draw people for sure but I don't see anyone nuking Netflix to change over to Disney.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

probably just an addition, especially if it's 1/2 price, at least now. Right now I still have cable, and Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon. but I primarily watch Netflix.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Disney shit goes stale fast, IMHO. At $6 a month it might be worth it, but I don't see them putting the quality and depth of content on that Netflix is currently putting out.

Where Disney may garner some interest is the old Fox content they already pulled from Netflix.

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Not sure it was mentioned earlier but "I think you should leave" on Netflix has me pissing myself.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably because it's not, like the article said. :D

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

"All except Jurassic World are Disney productions. " :Poke:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Fack, got the two mixed up. Win some, lose some. :D

13. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

CWTV has a side bit CWSEED. Some pretty good shows.

Currently binging on "ringer". It's got more twists than that curvy road in TN.
    Just when you think wow they throw in a ooh damn..

Sorry no spoilers..

14. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Peeps, watch Homecoming on Amazon and report back......

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Excellent. Would have been satisfied with one season, Julia Roberts not coming back for season 2...but I'm interested to see where this goes.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not coming back? What the hell? She's a major part of the show.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

She's continuing on as producer or something. Well, that was the scoop in January, we'll see. They're not in production yet. Remember the last scene in the boardroom? That's where the story lies. I think she got her peace, or quite a bit of it, in the diner. Maybe she'll drop in here or there, maybe they'll throw a truckload of money at her.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh speaking of one season awesomeness. Dig. Was on Sundance I think. Jason Isaacs, Anne Heche.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK one more then onto Formula 1. Tin Star. Tim Roth. Will rewatch.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

As if season one wasn't crazy enough, you'll love season two.