1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR 250 RR

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I raced against one back in the early 90's when the Cycle Jam was at Pocono. It sounded great with a full system and did pretty good in D Superbike.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Iconic Motorbikes have all four of the 250cc, I-4 bikes for sale. Should be an upcoming Cycle World article featuring them.

Metalhead likes this.
  3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have put a dozen or so miles on one. Completely ludicrous and ridiculous. If I had the dosh I would own one, but I'm the type of motorcycle owner who doesn't deserve a nice bike.

You rev the piss out of it, shift at the top, and when you grab the brakes you realize that you are only doing 50 MPH and the brakes make it just. stop. It slows down faster than you can downshift, so you are caught completely off guard on the road until you wrap your brain around the new paradigm.

I also got to ride a TZR250 and KR1 on the same day, and the CBR was just as fun as the smokers. More road compliant than the KR1 by a long stretch, but that's not saying much, really.

Metalhead likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

i was wondering if i haven't heard the bang on the young classics.

duh me... redline...

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Now i really want one.

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

BTW; it IS Clubman legal!

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

A one off bike for sure, but this SIX cylinder small bore sounds most excellent. Built by Guy Coulon of Tech 3 fame.

I'm sure if I heard this bike in person, I'd have a woodie - rare for a four stroke.

baconologist and cpettit like this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Did it go by you and make your eyes water from the smell and taste of Elf fuel? God I hate that shit....

9. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

It did! It was just as bad as the Europeans when they brought their 2T 250s to Daytona.

10. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Why would it smell like DaveK's lunch?

Phl218 likes this.
  11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I take it this is a carb bike? In which case hell to the F no keep it away from me.

12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I rode a GSX-R 250 many moons ago. 1989 or 1990 model, I think.
    That made 45 HP at 15K - didn't look nearly as cool as that CBR though.

People automatically got mad when they heard a bike screaming like that, but their attitude changed when they realized that it was still at walking pace

Metalhead likes this.
  13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Holy fuckin hell.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yeah, pretty safe bet.... and I'm with you

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

One for sale

upload_2019-5-2_14-58-44.png

Attached Files:

cpettit likes this.
  16. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Two of my riding buddies have them
    They don't have much oomph until 12,000 rpm

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I found out some interesting info on this bike, and its relationship with the CBR250RR.

https://www.visordown.com/news/racing/general/what-does-guy-coulon-do-his-spare-time