1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville weather...

Discussion in 'General' started by IYFphoto, Apr 28, 2004.

1. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Anybody ridden in the rain there???

Looks like the endurance might be a wet one...bummer.

2. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

mmmmmmmmmmmmm rain!!!!!!!!!

3. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

Dont jinx it Jackass!!:D

4. nuke529

nuke529 Well-Known Member

Do they race during lightening? I know they race during rain... yikes......

5. gixxerjosh

Rain, sleet , snow or hail we'll be there!!

Oh wait that's like UPS's saying.....Hmmm never raced with lightning before! Interesting!!

6. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

No, WERA does not race in lightning. I think that rule is more to protect the corner workers than us. ;) I spent all of last season saying "it's not going to rain!" and it always did. The first three rounds I worked this year had either rain or snow. I have stopped trying to be optimistic, and am resigned to my fate.

7. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

let's put a lightning rod on the back of "Captain America" and ee if it makes us go faster.
    :D

8. gixxerjosh

Why not the target does what its supposed to....people point and shoot for me all the time:D

9. IYFphoto

Oh ya Josh...I guess you should bring those rains...Maybe if you do we won't need them. That seems to be how it works.

L

10. gixxerjosh

Well in that case I am going to bring 3 sets!!

11. IYFphoto

It'd just be nice to have them although we probably won't run on them unless it is freakin pouring...

DOT's in the rain are fine...benefits of riding on the street a lot...and not wussing out at trackdays that are wet...we'll see.

12. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

The rain will be interesting! Louis, just so you know, one of the fork seals on the 600 is pretty bad, I believe it's the right front. Ya'll might want to check the fork oil and possibly add some more.

13. gixxerjosh

:confused: I had no idea of this. We need to fix it!!!

14. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

I told you this at Barber when Thermosman looked at the bike, it's not my fault if you have a bad memory :Poke:

15. IYFphoto

The seals are new dammmmmmmit...It has to be fixed before the endurance race. The transitions are better at NSS supposedly, but I'm sure that they are bad enough to blow it out. Maybe y'all can get it handled friday since you're going up early.

Jerry...you gotta stay on Josh...first his looks went...now his memory...:Poke:

16. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Even the asphalt takes shots at you!! :Poke:

17. brian23

brian23 Well-Known Member

I (Tim Brewer) have riden Nashville wet with Scott Brown. Believe it or not - it has good traction wet. Even the concrete going into the chicane has VERY good traction.
    What ever you do-----DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THE PAINT. You WILL be on your head...I know first hand...................

18. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

It is going to rain and I'm stoked. I love to race in the rain. But don't bother bringing those rains I gave you, Louis. We'll be buying a new set. I'll also have my grooving iron for some custom shenanigans. If it rains the whole time, we won't have a single tire change either. Perhaps we should cut up some DOT's and practice on them.: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    and Saturday night:: :beer: :beer: :Puke:

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Well guys, and Todd,

As long as you can find room to pack them, you should have the tires you need hanging around. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

20. gixxerjosh

Some Rain tires Misteriously appeared at my office yesterday. So I will bring those, just in case!