1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonneau cover : best bang for the buck

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Mar 18, 2019.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

So I just bought a 2019 Honda Ridgeline and will need a tonneau cover.
    I want something non-rigid, good quality that will last, but don't want to spend a fortune either.
    Let me hear ya.

2. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I bought a China made (from USA vendor) tri-fold for my F250 '09 and it's been real good. A bitch to assemble but worth the difference in prices.
    Pretty much any vendor on Ebay with them should fit the bill.

If looking for the roll up ones, I'll let the rest shime in.

Congrats on your purchase.;)

cha0s#242 likes this.
  3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with the one off Amazon. Tyger, over 1000 reviews and all 5 star. I have it on a ram for 3 years but several of my friends have them too and they lasted. Trifold.

4. cha0s#242

To those with a trifold : do you have to completely remove it to put a bike in there ? Is it a lot of work ?

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I have the bakflip on 2 trucks and love them. You can stand on then. They will flip all the way up.

Also had a roll N lock and liked it.........just not as much as the bakflip. If you call the factory they will make you a deal, or at least they did at christmas.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I like Backflips but hate the aspect of taking them off to see out the back window when you put a bike in there... I have a roll up truxedo and it is great

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Easy to remove but a hassle IMO. yes you need to take out unless you don't want to see anything in your bed.

8. cha0s#242

Hey Alex, do you have a link to your cover ?
    BTW, do you still sell that new style velcro ? I need some for my VFR project. ;)

9. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

extang trifecta, made in usa and easy peasy to install / remove

Phl218 likes this.
  10. KneeDragger_c69

I do not have the link... unfortunately... but will give a look back in my Paypal history to find the seller.

I don't sell it but I do have a bit left over, if interested I can spare a few inches of it.
    Super easy to remove and yes it has to come off completely, like mentioned prior (unless you don't want to see out of your back window)

Six clips on mine and two snaps and it comes off. Light too, so easily maneuverable.

BTW... not to sound disrespectful but do we know each other ? :oops:lol

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I'm surprised Mongo isn't here shitting on your new ride- he loves him some Ridgeline! :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was so close to wondering why the SUV's like that don't come with a roll out cargo cover :D

13. cha0s#242

LOL, I was your lawyer once :crackup:

14. KneeDragger_c69

hahaha Francois...
    Pics doesn't look like you... Got into a car accident ?!?! hahaha:crackup::crackup:

I should have a few inches to spare on that velcro.
    Hit me up when you want to pass by :beer: I'm in Saint-Basile now.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

I totally know it's more SUV than truck and I'm fine with that. That's actually why I bought it. I'm not gonna use it to haul cows to the farm and 5000 pounds towing capacity is way more than I'll ever need.

masshole likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly don't hate them at all and seriously considered an Avalanche for a while but I did need a truck.

17. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

On the covers- I've had cheap ones and I have the most expensive one I could buy for my truck now. None of them are perfect and will give you some amount of grief.

18. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

My tri fold support struts broke when I had it folded up with a bike in the back due to the wind beating on it. Went back to a soft cover.

19. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Which is better a hard trifold or the soft trifold
    Thanks

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I bought the same one for my new truck, largely in part to the recommendations here. Love mine. Great quality, still looks and functions perfect after two Wisconsin winters. Can’t beat the price. Highly recommended.