1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHTF in Venezuela?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

FIFY

2. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Coming to a country near you. Can’t believe all the lefties here think they will be able to make it work.

Hawk518 likes this.
  3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

What they believe is that if they were supreme dictator they’d do it right. They’re just fascist scum who use the communist ideology to try to justify totalitarianism.

gixxerreese and SpeedyE like this.
  4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

If all you see is oil, you only see two colors and missing the bigger picture.

5. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Recent history of neocon regime change operations:
    - Iraq
    - Afghanistan
    - Syria
    - Egypt
    - Libya

Which one was the success, exactly?

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

We need to lift the sanctions which are now the excuse for not accepting aid and the excuse for the poor economy. That would let the government get overthrown from within when they can't blame us anymore. Let the Pope of whoever go in and negotiate them out of power if possible.

The US implementing regime change rarely has good results unless we are willing to do a full scale rebuilding program for 20 years or so. Germany and Italy have turned out pretty well but not a lot of success stories since then. I have not done research and I imagine I am missing a few since then, so feel free to add some examples.

7. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

How would lifting sanctions allow them to regime change any less violently than what they're doing now? Their crude is tar-like garbage and the market has access to much better oil everywhere else including from the US.

10:27 in

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Hawk518 likes this.
  8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not necessarily less violently, but we wouldn't need to send in troops and be blamed for the mess afterwords. Nor would we be blamed for "killing innocent civilians" as we almost always are these days anytime anyone besides an obvious enemy combatant gets killed in a war zone when we are taking part.

What is your supposed up side for us being involved? As you stated the oil is crap, so what do we have to gain except a "war" for Trump to win so he can get reelected, more money for the industrial war machine, etc.

Defend our borders. Help with humanitarian aid as necessary. If anyone tries to exert tyrannical power outside of their borders, then step in and kick their ass back where it came from, but DON'T get involved in the internal politics of other countries.

badmoon692008, jrsamples and SpeedyE like this.
  9. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

The current regime is using the sanctions (which have been in place for years prior to the collapse of the Venezuelan oil prices) as an excuse.

I propose the US just continues to prevent dumping good money after bad into Venezula and lets them sort their own mess out.

ducnut likes this.
  10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Germany, Japan and to a lesser extent Italy we completely smashed and conquered utterly. The other regime change operations haven’t even come close to that level of commitment. Regime change works when you burn down their entire society with B29s, incendiary bombs and nukes and occupy them with millions of troops.

Unless we have that level of commitment, we shouldn’t bother. Covert aid to native forces should be the extent of our help. Though that can snowball into Vietnam situations.

jrsamples likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Does the Monroe doctrine still play a role in any of this?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Originally we didn't go into Iraq, we went in and liberated Kuwait. If Argentina invades Chile or Brazil or something then we could start there and eventually work into Argentina using that same thinking but not right away.

Granted I see no problem with taking out the crazy fucker.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

There is no reason to have boots on the ground in Venezuela. Do what we’ve been doing and let the CIA handle it. Putting troops there doesn’t help us one bit.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm good with our military being used to save people.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Call it a training exercise.
    One weekend, in and out.

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Venezuelan problems are for Venezuela to solve. I'm gonna pass.

jrsamples and Fencer like this.
  17. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Yeah, except most of those CIA operations turn out to be a bunch of yahoos trying to out Wild Bill Donovan each other. Not to mention ignoring their primary mission (hint: it's the middle initial of CIA).

18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

They do much more than that ;)

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

"I thought it was an S.T.O."
    [​IMG]

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Dang it...The National Guard and Reserves are going to get this one!!!:eek:

:beer: