1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROUND 01|Yamaha Finance Australian Round|22 - 24 FEB

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 21, 2019.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

So many opinions after a single race :crackup:

stk0308 likes this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

So much for "Rea was just working on race setups in testing..."

12v_dub and Dragginass like this.
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

lol goddamn that was impressive!

i was just hoping he didn’t throw it down the road.

but fuck yeah! he just johnny rea’d johnny rea.

Odilup likes this.
  4. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

The JR excuses have already begun. "It was a super boring race for me. I was only riding at 60%. The championship will start in Europe".

5. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Daaaaaamn. Gonna be fun to watch AB.

6. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

7. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Assuming the Alvaro domination continues, when does Kawi get their 1,000 RPM back? Or did this already happen and I missed it.

track wagon likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Admittedly, PI is somewhat of an outlier in terms of tires, setup, etc., but if the V4R was that potent a weapon with AB without any meaningful setup data to pull from, it might be a very interesting season in WSBK. I was glad to see Haslam running even with Rea as well.

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

But remember, Jonny would be top five in GP for sure!
    Let's just think about that for a moment.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

3 different brands in the top 5
    A Kawasaki didn't win
    Melandri didn't think the Yamaha was good during earlier testing yet he did great
    It looks like it MAY become an interesting season

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I knew Bowling Bau would do well....I was actually more encouraged to see Haslam kicking butt right out the gate and dicing with Rea the whole race (at least until he crashed). Generally speaking Sykes was never able to do that. He might take off and Rea track him down but Tom was never able to put up much of a fight throughout the years they were both on similar machinery.

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I told y’all not to sleep on Bautista! I know PI is a Ducati track but I think he will be top duck most of the year. Rea will still be the man to beat most weekends but Bautista is gonna make it difficult. Haslam looked good but was pushing too hard too early. He should have tried to follow Rea and break away together. Maybe he did a bit I guess.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys remember the last time he raced at Phillip Island, right?
    This post could come back to bite you in the ass. I don't know how you guys just don't learn patience. :D Melandri did the double last year.
    The Ducatis don't all have the same RPM limit? :confused:

noles19 likes this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

IMO Alvaro was better than a mid pack GP rider he just never rode the very best equipment. I’d hazard a guess in a good GP team on a good machine he’s Dovi level. Glad to see Bau kicking ass, I always liked the little guy. Maybe I’ll actually watch WSB this season now.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t believe that. There’s nothing specific about that bike that, if given enough development and money, would keep it from being competitive. It’s the same basic design as the Kawasaki and the Suzuki: 1000cc i4, twin spar aluminum frame, etc, etc.

17. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, my dvr recorded the 1st race (it set to record the series) but for some reason, didn't have race 2 or 3 scheduled.

18. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So Ducati gets 1700 rpm more and the margin of victory was what? Big surprise.

19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

and the rest of the ducati’s?

this makes me wonder what could have been had Hayden gotten a ride on anything other than the honda...

well it doesn’t really, because he won in the rain so we knew the bike was holding him back. i still wish he had gotten the double championship :(

badmoon692008 and Dragginass like this.
  20. Bautista was impressive, no doubt.