1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 zx10r will I be disappointed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Skillz Moto, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Skillz Moto

Skillz Moto Active Member

I legit called this guy to check!

2. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

The +16 is a better bike. If you can afford it or need to save up a little more to get it, do it. I went faster on my 16 than my 11.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Maybe your balls just got bigger. :D

Skillz Moto likes this.
  4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

So everyone has said basically the same thing, no you won't be disappointed coming from an earlier zx10. And you'll have another step up to make later on if you want with the newer ones.

Skillz Moto and BigBird like this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:p

That really is a nice race bike.

6. DWhyte91

Most likely, it was mosport and that’s about all that’s needed there.

Banditracer likes this.
  7. Jeffrecodo

Jeffrecodo Well-Known Member

I race a gen 4 2011 and like it a lot. Of course youll like the gen 5 more, I think everyone would lol. Better electronics package on the new one but racing the gen4 has been great. Still learning a lot as well.. Ive ridden on those AK20 forks and it has amazing feel.

Skillz Moto likes this.
  8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Financially speaking, you will lose far more money in the long run to buy a 4th gen for a year, only to sell it next year to buy a 5th gen. Just buy a 5th gen and be done with it.

BigBird, Skillz Moto and JTRC51 like this.
  9. Skillz Moto

I disagree, respectfully. Got a great deal on 4th gen and in a year the 5th gen will have depreciated even further. And after riding it down the street I realize it will likely be longer than a year before Im ready for an upgrade. This thing feels brutal. Again, coming from an 04 zx10r that is to be expected. I also ride a tuned 1290 super duke which has that instant power but even it feels slow comparatively. Not surprisingly. I think I did the right thing and appreciate everyone's advice, even those who advised against. I also believe a good rider will find a way to be fast no matter what.

Attached Files:

lazlo likes this.
  10. Skillz Moto

Hopefully folks see a lot of this angle.

Attached Files:

BigBird likes this.
  11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I had a '05 ZX10 for a few years (and won the National V8 HWT with it in 2017) so I can definitely relate on where you're coming from in regards to bike upgrading.

Sounds like you just wanted to upgrade a few model years and for that, it'll fit the bill perfectly. I still maintain my 2 cents on my first thought. Send that beautiful bike skipping down the pavement once or twice and you won't get as much as you think when you go to sell it. :D

12. Skillz Moto

Exactly, and I'd lose more on a 16+ should it go "skipping". Or maybe when... I'll report my findings in a year or so.

13. Skillz Moto

You're probably right...

14. DWhyte91

I have an 04 zx10, had a 2011 for 3 seasons, and now have the 16. Nothing wrong with the 2011-15, the 16+ just does everything better. Enjoy the new bike!

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Parked in a trailer? :D Or is that the protest impound for running it in superstock? :D

BigBird likes this.