1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 NFL Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Aug 1, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he was saying "what?" one more time. You guys may have outjoked each other.

Sabre699 and auminer like this.
  2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I also don't know why the Chiefs didn't try another pass into the end zone before they kicked the tying fg. They had plenty of time, still 11 seconds, previous play took 5, only need 1 second on the clock to try the kick. Some more of Andy Reid's stellar clock management. :rolleyes:

masshole likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That call, I actually agree with. Give yourself time and a down in case things go sideways on the kick attempt.

BigBird likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not even sure I'm blaming Andy Reid for anything. Just like the first meeting between both teams, there was a really good chance that the one who had the ball last would win the game.

biggenyz426 and Funkm05 like this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What???

:D

:whoosh:

:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

9. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

I heard on ESPN today that the NFL is putting a new rule in effect that if any defensive player coughs on Tom Brady they will be penalized fifteen yards. This came during a debate about the roughing the passer call yesterday where Tom was tapped on the shoulder and KC got penalized.

BigBird and TLR67 like this.
  10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

After yesterday’s ridiculous calls and NON-calls I’ve officially turned OFF the NFL for good. I don’t care who wins their rigged big show because I won’t be watching it.

I don’t mind losing anything straight up but from what I witnessed yesterday the NFL is clueless!

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Lemme guess ... you’re one of them that thinks it was only “your” team that they missed calls on? It happens. Like, literally EVERY play has uncalled penalties.

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

No mr funk clueless I watch a lot of football college and pro. Yea it affected both teams I pull for. One more so than the other. Clearly a rules violation in more ways than one was not called. I’ve seen this happen way too often through out the year in the so called pro league where the officials are basically clueless. Gotta hand it to the college level guys they usually get it right 95% of the time.

Spend more time on the bbs as you do Mr Funk it’s your friggin life. I have one outside this circus. My opinion is mine and it is not biased to get a rise to further this stupid conversation with your hapless ass. .!.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

There you go, sweetums. Let it out. You feel better now? Glad I could help, superstar.

roy826ex likes this.
  14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

But the guy in Maine NAILED IT! (Local paper verified the prediction was made on Saturday.)

[​IMG]

masshole and cBJr like this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I think you'll want the sign from the guy in Maine. He hasn't picked the score yet, but he says the Pats will win.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

One of the announcers in the Patriots game said they had 5 pass interference calls on their defense this season.

The NFL is making a rule where penalties can be viewed and called after the play.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Careful with that. There's something callable on every play.

Give coaches 3 challenges on called/non-called penalties each half.
    You lose the challenge it costs you a timeout.
    If you're out of timeouts, you can still challenge, but losing the challenge costs you a point.
    If you've used all 3 of your challenges, you can still 'superchallenge', but it costs you one point if you win/three if you lose.

There. You're welcome, NFL.

badmoon692008, Funkm05 and TLR67 like this.
  18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Purely from a fans perspective, I'd support that as written.
    The Saints got screwed Sunday. No other way to call it. With that call, they have a 1st down, either score a TD or bleed the clock to nothing and kick their FG. No overtime.
    With what you are proposing, the NFL can review a game changing play instead of what happened here. "Yeah, we screwed up. Sorry. Good luck next year."
    Likely all window dressing because Bill and the goat don't look like they'll be denied this year...again.

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I agree that it was a missed penalty call. Those agonizing over it are forgetting that there was no guarantee that the Saints would have caught that ball either.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah