I'm off too Misano

Discussion in 'General' started by Nicky3, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Nicky3

Nicky3 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    Well My dad and I are heading down to Misano on Wed. for the WSS/SBK weekend. We are still trying to get all of the license stuff figured out. I'm really excited and I hope I can keep up with Muggridge for one turn atleast:) My goal is to score 1 point, its a long shot but I think its possible. I miss the WERA pits pretty often. Everything now is just so serious. I'll try to keep everyone posted.

Nicky Wimbauer

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Oh wow, best of luck!!!

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Good Luck Nicky! Tell your dad I said hi:up:

4. Nicky3

Nicky3 Well-Known Member

Sure thing. Im so excited. I get to burn up 10 sets of Pirelli's

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have fun Nicky!

Just ignore the pressure fomr the old man and enjoy yourself. Tell him I said hi too if you think about it.

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Have fun Nicky! Tear sh@t up over there!

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

DUDE TEAR IT UP!

8. Dan Montgomery

Dan Montgomery Well-Known Member

Good luck man. I like the article in Roadracing World. :clap: :beer:

9. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Have fun, Nicky, and plese let us know how the weekend goes! We miss you and your dad, but I'm glad things are going so well over there!

By the way, where in Germany are you living???

10. Nicky3

Nicky3 Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    I'm living in Bavaria pretty close to Munich. They almost speak a completely different language down here. In normal German:

Du Bist auch noch da(You are also there)

In Bavarian:

Du Bist a no do. Its CRAZY!

11. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

Go get 'em Nicky ! Tell Jurgen I say "hi".

12. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Cool!!

Best of Luck to you Nicky!! We are all rooting for you.
    Make us proud! Well, you've already done that, so, Make us MORE PROUD!!!

Good Luck!!

Jeff Wright
    WERA Announcer

(Who's Jurgen??) :confused:

:D

13. 418

418 Expert #59

:up:

Nicky done good.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I missed the race, what happened, I saw -2laps?

15. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

He qualified 23rd and was the last bike still on the track. Finished 17th.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You must first finish........blah,blah:p
    That's got to be so cool.Kick some butt Nicky:)

17. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

18. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

Back from Misano

Well, what a weekend. The conditions were aweful but we had a good time. Nicky did well for his first WSS race. The percentage gab became less and less towards the leader and middle group. We made some mistakes in qualifying not using 3 sets of tires but only 2. Nicky did basically and endurance race with degrading tires.

The grid was interesting, the row in front of us had 2 world champions (Foret, Chambon, Neukirchner and Kellner). Nicky got a good start and followed Foret who t-boned a bunch of guys and actually caused the 3 rider pile-up in turn one. Nicky was then hanging with Roccoli (local talent and much cheered for Italian hero) and Foret. In lap nine, I watched Nicky shift down into turn one and it sounded like the bike is spitting out transmission parts .... clunk, clunk, clunk - his rear wheel looked like it was locking up just fishtailing like crazy. He opted to go straight into the gravel trap ... I lost him then out of my eyes. About 2 min later he came back around into the pits and the chain was literally dragging and running on the swingarm. The mechanics tightened the chain by a huge margin and Nicky went back out - pissed.
    Unfortunately he lost too much time ... however, he knows he was behind the guy that finised 11th. and that's what matters. The chain came loose again hopping and skipping like crazy. Later we found out that it was indeed just the chain that stretched (actually only about 60% of it) to a point where it didnt even fit into the sprocket correctly. It was a brand-new chain and who knows why.

I think the hardest part for me is the fact not to be in control ... Nicky is a team rider now and I just take pictures and laptimes. The intensity of World level racing is awesome, however everything is very inpersonal ... everybody is hiding their cards ... just head down and go.

Thanks to you all guys for the kind words. Next weekend, Nicky will race his first race in the Italian SuperSport championship which is known to be a very competitive series ... in Mugello. After that we are heading for WSS race in Monza, hopefully we can find some ponies since Monza is a very fast track and our top speed was down by a significant margin.

Thanks again ... C'yall laters

Jurgen Wimbauer

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I knew it had to be something along those lines.You guys keep your heads up! Good luck!

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Paige, you could have just bumped this:Poke: