1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plane peeps?

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 12, 2018.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

So Steve, you have something cheaper? Maybe a '72 182?

How the hell did you get into that business anyway?

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I worked with a French aviation company a few years ago. I was surprised to learn that France had such a rich history in aviation.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Two French guys in a balloon kind of started it all didn't they?

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I guess it's like most things. I had some skills. I was given some opportunities. I worked hard.

We mostly sell new or nearly new airplanes with a lot of emphasis on single engine turboprops. I wouldn't be much help on a 182. I can sell you a new Archer though!

5. SteveThompson

The Wright Brothers spent a lot of time in France during the early years of aviation.

6. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

It is the logical place to learn how to surrender your desire to keep firmly planted to the ground.

fastfreddie likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It was all the time spent staring at a white flag waving in the breeze that the aerofoil shape was conceived :)

"hey Pierre, look at that flag there flapping in the breeze. you figure if we attach both ends to this here frame work the wind will pick it up and we can retreat faster?"

8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Except for that "Battle of the Chesapeake" thingy.:cool:

Jed likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What was your path? You are a seasoned pilot? Where did you start and what were the breaks? If-n you don't wanna give away secrets, I understand. That job seems unusual, selling kajillion dollar planes.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I noticed the "Piper Authorized Dealer" sign by the door. My Dad owned a Piper Cherokee back in the 70s-80s. My brother and I have talked about buying a plane. I knew the one in your pic was expensive, sure looks sleek.

11. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Want to sell the PT6??

The one I have hear was a prop strike so all the blisk assemblies are toasted, the gas case wrinkled a bit. Will be sending some of the hot section components out to PWC for repair.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How da fuq do you prop strike a TBM 700? Trying to land on gravel bars with the P-Ponk 182's and supercubs? Or DR/CEO too much money and not enough skill?

13. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

How much is an overhauled starter gen? That's right it's 5x the price of a normal PT6 one.

Need a part? It's in France, every damn time.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Also to put some numbers on this.....by cheap he means around $400-500/flight hour. Think about that when you complain about 10 gate fees....

:D

15. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I vote a Gulfstream 1 as the loudest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...so that’s the origin of fight or flight.

Razr, Dan Dubeau and ChemGuy like this.
  17. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A75446D2-7AB6-4C9F-9861-61B8A3CA910A.jpeg Now that I think about it, the F-35 is pretty damned loud. But nothing is as cool as an old F-100, lighting the afterburner, ‘cause it goes BOOOOM! when it comes time for reheat.

18. SteveThompson

I am an experienced pilot (6000ish hours, atp, cfi, etc) but I also have always liked sales. I've sold everything from baseball cards to exotic animals to new Cadillac's. I was hired as a demonstration pilot and maintenance test pilot at a place where they sell airplanes. Pretty soon I was more involved in sales than flying. Obviously there was more to it than that, but that's the overview.

jrsamples and code3ryder like this.
  19. SteveThompson

It belongs to an airplane. :D

We deal a lot with Dallas. I have a private rep there through a buying group we belong to. He is a TBM expert and could probably help if you need it.

20. SteveThompson

We care for over 100 TBM's here and have none of these problems. I'd suggest you need to find a different service center or your experience is from 25 years ago.