1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any model train people here?

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveThompson, Nov 7, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's just a stock picture from Google, but the one I have is fairly close to this condition.

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The Rock Island Alco engines that you have were fairly common as that particular chassis goes. For best estimate on values, Greenberg’s guide is where it’s at, and it’s been a while since I’ve opened one of those books. But Alco units in general went for about 1200-1300 a set a few years ago, maybe a little more if you had the boxes.

*edit, forgot the ones

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    rd400racer likes this.
  3. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

What do you have and what do you want for it?

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Thanks for the responses. I brought everything home last night. It was stored at our offices. I'll go through it and see what is there.

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I dug an Otaki Japanese model locomotive out of our closet today. Had forgotten about it. It's unopened, a 9600 series, 1:50th scale 9608 steam locomotive. My train knowledge stops at Thomas.... Stick it on eBay?

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'd try to get a idea what it's worth from some train peeps before I put it on e bay.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I built an American flyer layout for my kids Xmas tree layout. It was mine when I was a kid. It has a rocket launcher car that fires a spring loaded rocket. We used to angle the track at the tree and try to shoot down ornaments off the tree. Good times. Al the stuff is out in the barn, has been for 20 years...wonder if any of it has survived?

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

A friend, who is more knowledgeable on the subject than I am, said it was worth $50 - 100 on ebay.

YMMV.