1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear Target....you suck

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Fixed

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Because there are A LOT of us.

SGVRider, Scotty87, JBarx and 2 others like this.
  3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

True story, back in the 60s my grandparents were taking my dad and siblings on family vacation and they stopped for lunch. The food and restaurant was horrible. My grandma left a note on the comments card that the food was horrible, service was horrible and the place should just burn down and start over.

On the way home from vacation it was a pile of ashes!

Phl218 likes this.
  4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Did the arson squad come for your grandma?

beac83 and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Or for people in cities where somehow Target and Home Depot aren't big box stores but Walmart and Lowes are.

6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

No. before closed circuit cameras and cell phones.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Bollard, I believe it's the term.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I thought it was wal mart and home depot were the devil and target and lowes were for educated folks? I know home depot had a class action lawsuit about ignoring the little people to take care of contractors first

9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I was just specifically making fun of Chicago on this one. I think Lowes refuses to play with Chicago politicians is why we have a bunch of Home Depots and one lonely Menards. Walmart has a naming issue in a very liberal city. They eventually have started to get inside city limits, but had to fight and started with sort of Walmart urban market (Alabama version of Trader Joes).

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

someone was suing Home Depot for listing lumber by "nominal" sizes...lol. For that stupidity I dont blame HD for ignoring weekend warriors or folks spending a few hundy annually. Most contractors are spending a couple grand per month.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

That's ok. I've actually had "contractors" in the shop who didn't know a 2x4 wasnt a 2x4. And there are the ones who ask me for a piece of 5/4 board.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What's wrong with asking for a 5/4 board?

13. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Good contractors don't get lumber at HD.

K51000 likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:crackup:Bullshit. All of it? Hell no. But I get stuff there pretty frequently.

But, I'm not a good contractor, knocking out these piddly little 150-200k kitchens, and 7 figure remodels.

bleacht and TurboBlew like this.
  16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Maybe thats why they are 150k kitchens. You shop at Home Depot.:crackup:

JK

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I prefer shitty contractor, thanks!

18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

The guys knocking HD or Menards for that matter , for lumber , most likely don't know which end of a hammer to hold and have never shopped at a lumber yard .
    Most lumber yard prices are no better than the big box stores . Plus a lot of them don't let you pick through lumber so you can get the prime stuff that is plumb and true .

19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I have two local lumber yards , one is one mile away and the other is 11-12 miles away . I drive past both of them to drive 30+ miles one way to get building supplies. Real life example last week . ... 5/8 Fire rated drywall is $14.99 @ sheet at both lumber yards .... Menards is $ 9.99 @ sheet . Neither lumber yard carries Steel Studs , neither has a good selection of Screws and prices are close to double . So unless I only need a real small amount of something , say one sheet of DW it doesn't make sense to shop local

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

You just need to try the South Side. Walmart & Lowes near 83rd & State, Menards & Meijer across the street from the city at 91st & Western. Walmart & Sams Club one block outside the city at 95th& Western.

There is another Walmart along the Ford Freeway (Calumet Expressway).