1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 10, 2018.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Metaldude...one thing for sure, if you live long enough YOU will become the senior generation in the family. I lost my Dad in 05, Mom in 14, and my FIL this year. The last two, my wife and I acted as hospice caregivers. Her Mom is now staying with us and her memory is not as sharp as it was a couple years ago. Caring for them is more difficult than children because they know what they have lost, whereas a child has yet to learn what can be done. Being there to help is both difficult, and rewarding. In my case, it felt like a chance to pay back for all they did for me over the years.

Keep your head up and remember the this place is almost as effective as real therapy. At the very least we won't allow you to get an inflated sense of self worth.

2. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

That's tough man. Please keep your head up and keep all the good times fresh in your heart and mind. May your mom rest in peace.

3. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Sorry for your loss bud. RIP

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Ritchie.

I was by my wife’s side as she lost her mom and I am so scared for the day I’ll have to handle it myself.

5. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Lost mine a few years ago, still miss her every day. Sorry for your loss, take some “me” time when you can.

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Sounds as though you're staying very strong thru all of this.
    I have lost both my parents w/in the last 10 years.
    Stay strong brother

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:( Sorry for your loss Ritchie, thoughts with you and your family

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Very sorry for your loss, Richie.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. I'm going to disagree with you...as the patriarch, it is ok to show your emotions. It's healthy and normal. Those that look up to you for guidance will realize that it is also ok for them to show emotions.

SuddenBraking, ToofPic and R Acree like this.
  10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

So sorry for your loss. Hope you're doing as well as can be expected. Hang in there...:(

11. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Sorry man. My condolences.

I’m there too. Lost my only sibling and brother 5 yrs ago. Heart attack.

Dad died at 86 in my arms 4 yrs ago. Just him and I late one night at the rest home. Alzheimer’s took him a couple yrs before that unfortunately. Watched him take that last 50 second long of no breathing then one last big gasp for air. That was hard.

Mom is 83 with congestive heart failure, pacemaker, etc. Won’t be long now.. I’ll be the last then.

During all that I lost a beloved, in my mind once in a lifetime dog..to cancer. She also died in my arms. Strangely I cried the most then.

RIP for your mom.

BigBird, ToofPic and Yzasserina like this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You are a wonderful person, Ritchie, and I am so sorry for your loss. :(

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Condolences dude I lost Dad last year and still miss him. He was awesome for my entire life (even when I did not even remotely deserve it). Hope you had lots of great memories of your folks.

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Sorry for your loss Richie.

15. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Sorry for your loss Richie

16. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Sorry to hear this. Keep on keepin'-on, Metalhead.

17. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

:( So sorry.:(

18. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

Dang dude... So sorry for your loss:(

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss and glad your mom is at peace.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Lost Mom 2 years ago at 59 after having a stroke at 52. It sucks. Big time.

82 sound like a good run, I'm sure you've got many years of good stories and great memories to remember and share.